Chrome?

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Just read about a colt on a American website who's markings were described as "chrome" - they went on to explain this meant two white hinds & a blaze. Have never heard of it described like that, has anyone else? I also wonder why Chrome?

RealityCheck

Visit site
It's just a way of saying white markings. So rather than chestnut with 4 socks and a blaze, you'd ask the groom to get the chestnut with lots of chrome. generally used to describe flashier markings (i.e not just a snip, or one small sock)

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Ah, i see! So the chrome they were referring to is the flashy white, not necesarily those exact markings! Interesting, thank you!

eatmyshorts

Visit site
Yup, i get it now! Had never heard of markings described as chrome, despite being a bit of a colour freak! Thank you for explaining - learn a new thing every day! :)

Enfys

Visit site
Yup, i get it now! Had never heard of markings described as chrome, despite being a bit of a colour freak! Thank you for explaining - learn a new thing every day! :)

:D Chrome is merely the tip of the colour/terminology iceburg ;) :D

We braid our horses and put halters and blankets on them, rugs go on the floor here, not on horses ;) and a paint is a generic description for any 'coloured' equine regardless of whether it is a Paint or not. I regularly confuse/am confused.