cider vinegar

lornaA

Visit site
I have been reading that cider vinegar is very good for arthritis and stiffness.

Can you by the human stuff out the supermarket or do you need special equine stuff, is it cheaper one way or the other and how much do you have to feed a day? Can anyone advise me on this?

k9h

Visit site
Both are generally the same just the label & I would imagine that the human stuff is more expensive (fancy label & all that) Just start of with a tiny amount & work up to 56ml (2floz) aday or in infectious periods you can go up tp 6floz. If your horse doesn't like it at first try mixing it with honey to sweeten it a little. I buy in 25 lite drums for £35 & they do a 5litre for £9.99. So you could compare that against your human prices. The human stuff is generally filtered & pasturised so that it looks clean so has been removed of alot of it good stuff that looks like cobwebs which has all the goodness in. Hope this helps you. Kate

Helga1980

Visit site
Apprently M use to have this (well tried to have this) but no matter how slowly it was was introduced he would not eat it - think he's just fussy though!!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Is it better for the horse than cod liver oil? My horse has arthritis and I was told to give him cod liver oil, but I keep hearing that apple cider vinegar is good. I don't want to overload him with supplements so any recommendations?

eekmon

Visit site
I use cider vinegar for my old boy and it is fab stuff!
smile.gif
I looked into it alot when I first thought of putting my horse on it and found that the human variety had preservatives in, so now use NAF cider vinegar which has no addatives at all!! I use 150ml a day for a 14.2 split into two/three feeds, he won't eat it all in one feed! I pay pay £10.50 for a gallon
smile.gif

pocket

Visit site
I use Naff cider vinegar and pay £10:50 for 5ltrs, as malteaser states, you use 150mls a day. Its cheaper to buy the horse one and not human, one bottle and it would be gone. I've noticed Ralphs well being all round has improved, so would recommend it.......lovely shine
grin.gif