Cirencester Park Fun Ride on sunday!

Hollyhorse

Visit site
I was hoping to go to the Cirencester Park fun ride this weekend but I have no-one to go with! Anyone interested?

I have a recently retrained ex-pointer who I haven't had very long and hope to event either at the end of this season or next, so I'm looking for someone who is able to be a slight 'babysitter' for him! I intend to do all the little jumps and do a decent bit of trot and canter but I won't be bombing around (or walking the entire thing!) and while I've taken my ex-racer XC schooling a few times this will be his first fun ride experience so I need someone who ideally doesn't mind being behind as I don't know how mine would feel about being overtaken!!

Last year I did the Cotswold farm park ride regularly through the year as a fitness and confidence session for my young Novice eventer, so I'd love to find someone who's interested in doing these rides regularly! I'm based between Gloucester and Bristol, and like to do the local-ish ones.

darcey

New User
Visit site
Looking for someone to ride with this Sunday. Unfortunatley my friend had to drop out.
I have done one of these before recently having just got back in to riding the last year. Hence I wont be bombing around. Have only recently jumped for the 1st time ever.
Looking for a leisurely ride but dont want to walk all the way either!

darcey

New User
Visit site
yes would love to meet up. My horse was very sensible on her last ride and we took out a youngster as well but she didnt bat an eyelid.

Unfortunatly this morning got a big fly bit ride by girth, so hoping it will heal in time!

wilkinson1

Visit site
Hiya, I'm still in 2 minds - found out yesterday that my boy has got a bit of arthritis and I have been told to take it easy on hard ground etc etc. Bit worried about pushing him now! That's 3 arthritic boys in my field now! Grrrrrr lol x

Randonneuse

Stroud/Cirencester (but France originally!)
Visit site
Hiya, I'm still in 2 minds - found out yesterday that my boy has got a bit of arthritis and I have been told to take it easy on hard ground etc etc. Bit worried about pushing him now! That's 3 arthritic boys in my field now! Grrrrrr lol x

Hello!
I am not doing Cirencester Park fun ride but I keep my pony by the Park and ride there.
I went for a ride earlier and the ground is not too bad to be honest! Just thought I would let you know!
I did about 2 hours hack with mostly trot+some walk and canter!

wilkinson1

Visit site
Hello!
I am not doing Cirencester Park fun ride but I keep my pony by the Park and ride there.
I went for a ride earlier and the ground is not too bad to be honest! Just thought I would let you know!
I did about 2 hours hack with mostly trot+some walk and canter!

Hello, thank you! I'm still totally paranoid now about doing anything heavy with him - for a while anyway, but would love to pop over some time and just hack out there. I'm only up the road but too far to ride, would have to box over. X

Randonneuse

Stroud/Cirencester (but France originally!)
Visit site
Hello, thank you! I'm still totally paranoid now about doing anything heavy with him - for a while anyway, but would love to pop over some time and just hack out there. I'm only up the road but too far to ride, would have to box over. X

Let me know if sometimes you want to hack together! You could park at the farm where I keep my horse and we go from there!!;-) (only a small road to cross and we are in the park!)

wilkinson1

Visit site
Let me know if sometimes you want to hack together! You could park at the farm where I keep my horse and we go from there!!;-) (only a small road to cross and we are in the park!)

That would be brilliant - thank you. Will shout when I get a spare day to come over :)

darcey

New User
Visit site
Thank you for the offer it was very kind, but looks like Im going have to pass this one. Hope you find some one to ride with. Fly bite was too near girth and think it will rub.
Have fun :)