Cirencester Park.

Dizzle

Visit site
Do they ever hold shows in Cirencester Park?

I really want to take my share pony to do a bit of jumping this summer, Cirencester Park is hacking distance so thought it might be an idea.

Totally hindered by my lack of transport, all I want to do is get dressed up and pop him over a round of 2ft jumps, nothing ground breaking!
laugh.gif

Failing that does anyone know of any shows in the Cirencester area this summer? Ideally on a Saturday?

Dizzle

Visit site
Pants, I've tried having a look online but I can't see anything.

Have just been to check out the cost to hire a lorry I could drive... £99 a day!

I really need to work out a way to get me and the pony round a course of show jumps!
laugh.gif

Faro

Visit site
Hi Dizzle,

Don't know abouts shows. But Endurance GB are holding a major ride there over the weekend of 20/21st June and I believe there is a pleasure ride taking place which you could take part in. Look on the EGB Website for more details.

Just out of interest - do you know what the going is like generally in Cirencester Park? I plan on doing the endurance ride there with my barefoot horse and wondered whether it is likely to be rocky, grassy, boggy, sandy, hard, soft etc. etc. in mid June.

Dizzle

Visit site
I think his owner would be doing the Endurance GB ride on him so probably won't be able to do it myself. (I entered an EGB fun ride this weekend, it was great fun!)

The bit of the park I've been round was grassy, it was fairly hard underneath though but everywhere seems to be at the moment. We didn't have a problem cantering, no idea what the rest of the park is like.

I'm hoping to hack up there next weekend (at Badminton this Saturday) so I will have a bit of a reccy and see what the grounds like.

hussar

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]

Just out of interest - do you know what the going is like generally in Cirencester Park? I plan on doing the endurance ride there with my barefoot horse and wondered whether it is likely to be rocky, grassy, boggy, sandy, hard, soft etc. etc. in mid June.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did an 80k there in August 2003 - the going was superb if a little hard due to the long hot summer - long grassy tracks, some woodland, a little bit of roadwork. The venue is lovely and you can see for miles. I'd love to go back once my current horse is 100% again.