Clay mud clumps

jessykai

Visit site
I got my new loan pony yesterday and she has been kept in a sludgy paddock previously and not groomed as often as she should have been and as a result she has clumps of dried clay type mud all over her legs and body.

It's stuck to her in massive clumps and will not come off!

Is there anything I can try that should remove it?

ThePony

Visit site
Other than warm water soapy water allowed to soak in to the lumps, any chance of clipping it off if it is totally stuck? Obv only if you have suitable rugs/shelter etc, but if nothing else will shift it then I'm not sure what else you could do? Lumps can sometimes be loosened off hair by spraying with some mane and tail, allowing to dry (gets slippier) and then gently teasing out. First with your fingers, then with a plastic curry comb.

jessykai

Visit site
Other than warm water soapy water allowed to soak in to the lumps, any chance of clipping it off if it is totally stuck? Obv only if you have suitable rugs/shelter etc, but if nothing else will shift it then I'm not sure what else you could do? Lumps can sometimes be loosened off hair by spraying with some mane and tail, allowing to dry (gets slippier) and then gently teasing out. First with your fingers, then with a plastic curry comb.
I'm trying to get some clippers off someone so that I can clip them out! i have a HW that she can wear so should be okay.

Hairy Old Cob

Visit site
If the Clumps of Clay are dry get a pair of pliers and crush them and then rub them out with your fingers which will get rid of the bulk of the mud then wash them out with soap and dont forget the vinegar rinse to neutralise the soap