cleaning brushing boots

alex_mac30

Visit site
Hi
How do you clean your brushing boots? Do you use detergent? I need to get the sweat off, its more the inside than the outside, I don't want to use anything that will irritate my horses skin. So any tips especially for white boots
Thanks
M

LittleGinger

Visit site
I just hose down after every ride, using a dandy brush for any stubborn mud or sweat. If it's built up, I'd be using diluted horse/baby shampoo, and just rinsing really well afterwards.
I've put travel boots, saddlecloths etc. in the washing machine before and had no problems - I know you don't want to use detergent, but if the boots are really manky if just machine wash and then rinse well a few times before use.

ponydi

Visit site
I put mine, in cushion covers, in the washing machine and use non-bio detergent. Done it for years and no legs have dropped off so far! I do tend to wash them (and saddlecloths) nearly every time they're used so they only need a quick whizz through at low temperature

MyDogIsAnIdiot

Visit site
I put all my boots in the washing mashine, closing all velcro first so it doesn't get caught. Non-bio detergent is the only thing I use and tend to put them on for an extra rinse afterwards. 99% of boots like to be washed at 30*c - I washed my Le Mieux overreaches on 50 accidentally and have shrunk them!

OH has also had to buy me another washing machine for horsey stuff as he's sick and tired of having horse hair on all his clothes :p.