Cleaning grooming brushes

AFB

Visit site
How does everybody do it?

I've never been too fussed in the past as always bought cheap, but have treated myself (my horse?) to some Haas brushes and at the moment I'm avoiding going near the dirty bits of him with them for fear of getting them mucky :D

Is a good old metal curry comb enough? How regularly and how do you clean them thoroughly?

eggs

Visit site
I'm another who puts them in the washing machine. I put all my grooming kit inside an old duvet cover and wash on 30o and let them air dry. Been doing this for years.

windand rain

Visit site
I put hot water in a flat bown to the depth of the bristles swish washing soda in that then stand the brushes in the water bristles down when the water cools down I wash like I do my hairbrush in shampoo rubbing fingers through the bristles then rinsing well but I had never thought of putting them in the washing machine

AFB

Visit site
I did consider the washing machine but thought that seemed a bit nuts - glad to know it's an option.

Paddi22 - thanks for the link, I'll watch that video tonight (can't turn the sound on at work)

gryff

Visit site
Washing machine or dish washer for me too. The plastic of the Haas brushes went a slightly different colour in the washing machine though. I dry on my Aga then.

Cowpony

Visit site
Hot water and soap or washing up liquid. Rinse well and dry. I try to do it in the summer when they can dry in the sun, but horse is greasier in winter so sometimes I have to bite the bullet and dry them on a radiator.