cleaning mouldy tack?

mirandaharry

Visit site
Stoooopid me, left some bits and pieces of tack in the shed, forgot about them and then when eventually did remember it found it was all covered in mould, yuck.

So slap on the wrist for me, but does anyone have any idea what's best way to clean it up and renourish it? Also will it still be OK to use or will the mould have weakened it in any way?!

Thanks!

KatB

Visit site
Get it cleaned with warm watre how you would normal tack, then condition it like mad with whatever your product of coice is to replace the moisture lost whilst in storage. Depends how long has been in storage and state is in to whether will be safe to use immediately.

spaniel

Visit site
Just wipe off the mould (if its the green stuff dont worry - it doesnt do tack any damage), clean as you would normally and then store somewhere cool but not damp.

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
Clean it off with one of those non scratch sponged with the scrubby side, and as hot water as you can handle and a little washing up liquid. Then lather it in Flexalan, again and again until it will soak in no more, that's what I did and mine's fine. Finish with some Gold label.