Clear XC at Carlton BE100 - Bill comes good :o)

BeckyC

Visit site
Oh dear haha about demolition derby! The SJ did seem to be causing a few problems :)

Ouch if you actually ran into fence 4! Caught on video?! Good idea at fence 6 - Bill was equally worried the very first time we tried to jump that log. The woods there can worry them.

I just missed you as I was late getting back to my fence after the interview, so missed the first few. Boo! Don't worry my fellow RDP'er Eleanor and her mum were in charge of our fence whilst I was away!

What's next for you?

He has discovered he has lots of enthusiasm for eventing now so now we need to tone it down slightly to add some control back in lol. yup we did indeed actually run smack bang into fence 4, he was convinced that the pony eating ditch monsters were going to leap out and eat him if he didnt keep a firm eye on them!! next up is aston 90 so i may see you there!!

_GG_

Visit site
Fab report, super photos and cracking progress from the naughty vid, lol. That certainly gave me some quality entertainment!! :smile3:

BeckyD

Visit site
He has discovered he has lots of enthusiasm for eventing now so now we need to tone it down slightly to add some control back in lol. yup we did indeed actually run smack bang into fence 4, he was convinced that the pony eating ditch monsters were going to leap out and eat him if he didnt keep a firm eye on them!! next up is aston 90 so i may see you there!!

Haha bless him - bet he then jumped the ditch in the course fine? Sounds just like Bill's attitude...

Fab - hopefully see you at Aston! Good luck!

BeckyD

Visit site
Fab report, super photos and cracking progress from the naughty vid, lol. That certainly gave me some quality entertainment!! :smile3:

Hehe good - that video still makes me chuckle. Bill has been polishing his halo of late but that video always reminds me that "cheeky Bill" is never far away ;) I'm sure he will revert to it at some stage....hopefully when he's 35, not like next week or something :p

BeckyD

Visit site
Well done, great result! Such an improvement. I am at Aston on the Fri, which day are you there?

Thank you! I'm there on Saturday :( Shame - would have been great to meet you and your family! Good on the Friday. Don't lose the dressage arenas this time...!! (I can say that as I have managed to fail to find them before, but thankfully without the time pressure).

BeckyC

Visit site
Haha bless him - bet he then jumped the ditch in the course fine? Sounds just like Bill's attitude...

Fab - hopefully see you at Aston! Good luck!

Oh yeah the ditch was fine and he went first time :) it has however taken 2 years for him to jump ditches. We used to be stuck at ditches for literally hours xc schooling, steps were a huuuuuge issue too.

BeckyD

Visit site
Well done great result!
He is looking super :biggrin3:

Aww thank you!

Oh yeah the ditch was fine and he went first time :) it has however taken 2 years for him to jump ditches. We used to be stuck at ditches for literally hours xc schooling, steps were a huuuuuge issue too.

Steps?! He's a special one then :). Bill's main phobia is logs (to include tree stumps).

And yet still we love them!

Lolo

Visit site
Well done :D You deserve so much success with Bill, he's really tested you!

I can beat all 'silly things my horse is spooked by' with Reg's deep mistrust of steeplechase type fences.You know, the type he spent 6 years racing over...

BeckyD

Visit site
Well done :D You deserve so much success with Bill, he's really tested you!

I can beat all 'silly things my horse is spooked by' with Reg's deep mistrust of steeplechase type fences.You know, the type he spent 6 years racing over...

Thank you :)

Oh Reg!! Haha that really does take the biscuit.

I've never understood why Bill is fine with flappy plastic bag, but not fine with a slightly darker green shade of grass than the previous patch...fine with umbrellas, but not fine with hedgerows :confused: