Clearing out old tack...who all is spring cleaning?

Arizahn

Visit site
I finally decided to do a clear out of all the bits and bobs I've gathered up tack wise that never get used. Funny how sentimental you get over it...

Anyone else spring cleaning? I'm planning on spending whatever I make on a nice lightweight turnout rug for Hippo, and some new brushes:) If I manage to sell my old western saddle then I may even treat myself to a couple of new pairs of jodphurs and a smart hacking jacket! Seem to be living in scruffy sweaters and t-shirts at the moment, lol!

catkin

Visit site
Spring cleaning tack is scary! I had a huge clearout last year when we downsized to less horses - and it's frightening how much excess there seems to be a year later.
One thing I will warn you about (though it might be a way to get round the sentimental issue;)) is to think carefully about something that is good quality and fits - you can guarantee that once you've sold it you'll be needing one just a few weeks later.

Suziq77

Visit site
I've been clearing out too - not just tack either, books, cds, shoes etc etc. Now I just need to work out what to do with it all - are boot sales still a good way of recycling?

Little Squirrel

Visit site
I will be starting my annual clean this week. All my nags have just been turfed out for their summer holiday's but my tack room which has been spotless all winter now looks like a bomb has exploded!! I will be going to a car boot and try to flog as much as what I can before my collection rebulids again!

starryeyed

Visit site
I'm spring cleaning too! We have far too many rugs that don't fit anyone & a few perfectly good bridles lying around that I'm planning to ebay off when the next free listing day comes round :)

Capriole

Visit site
I am. Not selling much, but what I do sell I know I definitely wont be needing again. Ive got rid of stuff in the past and then needed the thing I sold shortly after, too :)

Arizahn

Visit site
Mines all stuff that doesn't fit Hippo - old bridle she grew out of, etc. I'd love to keep the saddle but it's too heavy for her really. Plus I have trouble climbing back out of it, lol!

Car boot sales are great fun - make a day of it and take a friend or family member along to watch the stall whilst you browse...oops, sorry forget we are trying to make space not use it up again!:eek:

Capriole

Visit site
Id like to do a car boot sale but dont want to do one on my own and no-one else seems to want to do one :(

I manage to sell the odd thing through forums but should really make more of an effort. Especially to sell a couple of saddles I should get rid of. Thing is saddles seem to go for absolute peanuts a lot of the time on eBay and I resent getting next to nothing for something that cost me a lot new :eek: I know some £ is better than no £, but...