Cleveland Bay Filly at 4.15am

Rollin

Visit site
Our mare gave birth to a pure bred filly at 4.15am. She has been enormous and would have been 12 months next week, so I was really worried. Her waters went at 4.00am, soon two feet and then one enormous push and the head was out.

Baby is up and suckling.

The amazing thing is our first foal in France was a colt, our Shagya stallion Woody, we lost a colt in 2011 but all our foals have been fillies, this included the aborted foal of my Shagya mare, sired by my CB stallion. (twins missed on scan).

This one will be registered as Cider with Rosie, full sister to Duchess of Malfi and Little Dorrit.

Pics to follow.

Rollin

Visit site
First we find our feet.

IMG_0740_zpsdb10f431.jpg

Then we find the milkbar

IMG_07282_zpsd7233b91.jpg

Then we have a sleep.

IMG_0750_zpsdafc015a.jpg

GemG

Visit site
Wow congratulations Rollin, you must be very relieved. Fabulous to have a filly who will be able to increase the Breed numbers in future maybe!

Pictures are so lovely!

Rollin

Visit site
Just lovely :smile3: Is she related to your gorgeous two year old? (can't remember her name, but I do remember I fell rather in love with her :redface3:)

Yes, she is a full sister to Duchess who is blooming and will start her show career next year, then on to eventing we hope.

This one won't be a keeper as we can no longer run on our young stock. We are getting a bit too old for it!!

Rollin

Visit site
A bit cold and wet today, so just 30mins turnout for baby to use her legs, while we cleaned the box. Just loved this photo. Rosie is such good mum. You can feel the love.

2rosies_zpsccd3f2bc.jpg

Rollin

Visit site
Look at her using those big legs! Does she have a name?

Yes. Her registered name will be Cider with Rosie, full sisters Duchess of Malfi and Little Dorrit. As we don't have a prefix all of them have literary names.

The Shagya's are Under Milkwood and Antigone.

Rollin

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind comments. Weather has been appalling but they both got some proper turnout, in the sun, this morning.

IMG_1013_2_zpsbfb9c62f.jpg

IMG_1009_2_zpsd617ca6e.jpg

Rollin

Visit site
Thank you all for your kind comments. Weather has been appalling but they both got some proper turnout, in the sun, this morning.

IMG_1013_2_zpsbfb9c62f.jpg

IMG_1009_2_zpsd617ca6e.jpg

Mega

Visit site
Oh so scrummy. More pictures please! I need my foal fix as my mare is keeping her bundle hostage!