Cleveland Bays

barkinghorse

Visit site
Am looking for an all round hunter type horse and Cleveland Bays seem to get mentioned a lot.
I don't know anything about the breed and was wondering what people thought of them, I.E temprement, cold blooded, hot blooded? quirky, laid back or highly strung? just need some info please.
Jo

TiaPony

Visit site
PM StinkerStonkersMum
laugh.gif

x

ladylisa

Visit site
Our CB is so laid back he is happy to just plod along but can go up a gear if wanted. He will have a go at anything, and do anything for food.
His temprement is great doesn't bit or kick but can be bargy when bored, like when the farrier is doing his feet!
But over all a great breed, even though i call him a donkey...

welshstar

Visit site
I have a cleveland bay. She is very greedy- will literally do anything for food! She is really quiet and laid back on the flat but can get a bit strong jumping but loves her cross country. The judges always comment on her overall look as a hunter as they do look a lot more hunter-ish than soem that you see in the classes- also when the judge rode her and galloped she looked absoloutly amazing! a true hunter!
If you want a true feel of what they are really like, ask aronud a bit and piece together a few breed traits
smile.gif