Clever Clare and Exciting Times!

riaseed007

Visit site
Hi everyone! Don't know what happened to me saying I was going to start posting regularly again but it's been all change with me lately so hopefully will have more time to get back into it now!

Will try and keep this short as I've already typed it out and lost it when my laptop conveniently decided to re-boot itself!!

First up Clare has been coming on a treat - her flatwork is 100x more established than even a few months ago and she is feeling so much stronger and more consistent. She is still slightly green showjumping as she jumps brilliantly most of the time but will still have the odd pole when she just isn't quite quick enough especially if I'm not perfect to a fence, but hey she has to learn to help me out as I ain't no Nick Skelton! Xc on the other hand she is just amazing! Has been schooling round PN/N fences as straight and as genuine as anything, got a feeling this one is going to be a total xc machine!

You know how I like my pics...! -
CapturePNG148.png

CapturePNG137.png

CapturePNG136.png

CapturePNG160.png

_GM31625.jpg

CapturePNG171.png

CapturePNG181.png

CapturePNG188.png

CapturePNG185.png

Had her at Eglinton at the weekend, down with my fab trainers Team Oakden :) Of course she was impeccably behaved all day. I was delighted with her dressage: she is feeling so much more rideable and balanced in an arena and got a well deserved 30.5 to jointly lead the section! (has to be a first for me!) even though I was being a bit too sneaky into the corners at one point and we ended up stomping on one of the white boards... oops!
The showjumping warm up was seething and very very deep in places so she didn't warm up great so didn't do too much as didn't want her thinking the conditions in the ring would be the same as they weren't. She jumped a good round but unfortunately numpty on board rather buried her into 2 fences which she isn't quite athletic enough yet to help me out at so we ended up with 2 down, never mind though she still jumped well round the rest :)
Then to the best bit - the xc! Well she was everything as good as I hoped and just flew round for a fab clear inside the time! The 2 waters were very spooky and she had a good look at them but no way was she going to stop.
Ended up 6th so very exciting for the future especially when we can get the dressage even better and jump clear rounds which I'm sure will happen soon as she is careful!

And of course, some pics! http://johngracing.thirdlight.com/viewpicture.tlx?containerid=12199820592&pictureid=12199827779

http://johngracing.thirdlight.com/viewpicture.tlx?containerid=12199820592&pictureid=12199828378

Would absolutely love to do Aswanley 5yo but just don't think she is ready for the sj and don't want her to have quite a few down and have a bad experience so whilst she is more than ready for PN xc I think it will just have to wait for next year. We will have fun flying round a few more BE90s this season though, providing the weather holds!!

In other news can I introduce our little 4yo Connemara Zoe:
CapturePNG23.png

We bought her about 2 months ago unbroken and she has just been for her first ridden outing to a jumping lesson where she completely excelled herself - jumping her first ever course and fillers! She is the easiest, nicest, sweetest pony I have every met and she has been a complete joy. She is going xc schooling at the weekend and then will officially be on the market as we have to make room for more quality horses/ponies we have coming in to produce.

Here's some more pics of her -
CapturePNG33.png

CapturePNG39.png

CapturePNG56.png

CapturePNG45.png

Here's a link to photos/ videos on our facebook page if anyone is interested.
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.306158002800930.71083.304705409612856&type=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC7v-6Dwl80&feature=plcp
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CTuRrh8IPs&feature=context-cha

So it seems our little business is looking up now as we have some exciting developments happening right now! It's all I've ever dreamed of doing so I really hope we can make it work :) Hoping to have a full website up and running in the next few weeks too. So after a pretty awful year or horsey wise for the both of us (apart from Clare and Zoe) it is so brilliant to be able to get excited and things seem to be falling into place a bit more now (ok, I know I better not get too excited knowing horses...!)

Anyway thanks for reading, not really got anything on offer, should probably go and find some breakfast...oops it's kind of lunch time now! :eek:

Gamebird

Visit site
Clare is lovely, but your Connie is just edible! :D Absolutely gorgeous. I wish I were half my size and weight and could buy (and sell!) ponies like that!

riaseed007

Visit site
Haha Gamebird she is gorgeous isn't she?! :) I am 5'8" and not near skinny and surprised I don't look ridiculous on her! She is 14.2 but doesn't ride small, especially her canter is massive for such a wee thing and really balanced! Whoever buys her is going to have an amazing pony as she is so easy as well as having great jumping bloodlines and showed an amazing jump when we loose jumped her! She will be entered for a BE80 if we don't sell her soon :)

Nic

Visit site
Lovely to see an update from you. Clare lloks fab, I want an Avonmill pony next time! Agree little connie is edible.

riaseed007

Visit site
Thanks TarrSteps - drama is not the word although it seems to have worked out in our favor for now and has been a revelation to have more trust in myself and not in those who sadly you do trust and shouldn't :( At least the horse has landed on his feet and has the best chance to do well; maybe we will see him at Rio 2016 ;) Me, well I am extremely bitter over the whole thing. Hey, ho life goes on!

_EVS_

Visit site
Wow Clare looks amazing!! What a confident little horse and you ride her so well!

Out of curiosity can I ask what the girth is you are using in your first pic? Looks just what I have been looking for!

Mince Pie

Visit site
Was it you who had that gorgeous dark bay youngster - Rubin?

Clare is looking great and I love the little Connie! :)

riaseed007

Visit site
Broke_But_Happy - yep it was me that had Rubix. Very long story but he just wasn't going to event for me so he was sold to showjump instead. Just wish I'd done it sooner, learning curve that some horses just aren't cut out for some jobs, won't be putting that much blood, sweat and tears into trying to do that again!

Haha yes you can buy her Sol! :D