Clever ideas for teeny weeny lorry living?

Tobiano

Visit site
I've just picked up new lorry - very pleased with it but realise the living is VERY small (sleeps 1, tiny fridge and 1 burner hob). 2 people could sit in it if the bed isn't made but that would be a squeeze!

Also I don't have much 'dirty' storage outside the horse area.

Anyone got good space saving ideas for either making best use of the living or wheezes for storing the dirty horse stuff (am determined to keep the living area mud- poo- and hay- free!) :) :)

Fiona

Visit site
We store tack, haynets and mucking outstuff in the forward horse compartment (three horse lorry) so really only spare rugs and coats go into the Luton of the living area. Have you skirt lockers?

Fiona

Tobiano

Visit site
thanks Fiona! Mine is a 2 horse rear facing, no skirt lockers. only 4.2 tonne and quite small all over (better given my not very good driving!). If staying away I am likely to only take 1 horse so should have one horse area available but would need to secure stuff so it doesn't roll under my horse's feet when travelling!

ETA I don't have skirts / skirt lockers but do have 2 tack lockers one on each side accessible from ouside. Again can use one of these for dirty stuff if only 1 horse aboard.

Fiona

Visit site
Our haynets and mucking out stuff goes in big tub trugs.. Seems to keep it quite secure. Its great you have tack lockers. Measure them up and try to get some plastic boxes that will fit in the bottom for dirty boots etc..

Fiona

TGM

Visit site
Bungee ropes are good for securing equipment in the horse area. We have a bigger lorry, but still use them to secure a wheelbarrow in the end partition. Plus we put small haylage bales in haynets and tie them to the spare tie rings. I know someone who travels their horse in a trailer and uses an elaborate system of bungee ropes to secure an amazing amount of equipment in the spare side of the traile.

superpony

Visit site
Bungee ropes are good for securing equipment in the horse area. We have a bigger lorry, but still use them to secure a wheelbarrow in the end partition. Plus we put small haylage bales in haynets and tie them to the spare tie rings. I know someone who travels their horse in a trailer and uses an elaborate system of bungee ropes to secure an amazing amount of equipment in the spare side of the traile.

We do this! Got loads of stuff stored in the 3rd horse stall this way.

EventingMum

Visit site
If only travelling one put spare rugs, boots, coats etc in haynets and tie up in the spare horse area. You can also get hook over saddle and bridle racks that you can perhaps find somewhere to put up. As others have said bungee straps are excellent

Nativelover

Visit site
I use an ifor williams tack pack, tub trugs, storage under the seating and in the Luton. I use one tack locker for horse stuff and one for my stuff. Extra tie rings up high on the side walls are good to use with bungee ties.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I've just picked up new lorry - very pleased with it but realise the living is VERY small (sleeps 1, tiny fridge and 1 burner hob). 2 people could sit in it if the bed isn't made but that would be a squeeze!

Also I don't have much 'dirty' storage outside the horse area.

Anyone got good space saving ideas for either making best use of the living or wheezes for storing the dirty horse stuff (am determined to keep the living area mud- poo- and hay- free!) :) :)
are there any outside lockers?? a luton???

you could have fold down table saddle racks

a letter box is great to put all those show schedules in http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LETTERBOX...500035?hash=item3a7534d5c3:g:KR0AAOSwLa9UVNtN