Clever Trevor and CP's Double Date at Hadlow

Worried1

Visit site
Trevor is really called Somnia but if you knew him you'd realise Trevor is much better ;)
He is 5 this year and Mr W has taken time as he is a very big horse with huge movement.
He did a couple of outings last year just for the experience, this year we did a 5-y-o class and then aiming for Novice qualification for the summers.
We are always trying to support local venues so as Hadlow were running BD events again we entered CP for a prelim and Trev.
The warm up was large but rode quite deep but CP was in her element as she must have thought I'd taken her home ;)
I did prelim 14, she warmed up nicely but she and I struggled in the short arena which was indoors, she was a little tense everyrhing came up very quickly and it was nowhere near as nice as our tests last week.
We got 62.1% which was about right but the sheet was just full of completely negative comments with nothing positive at all, judge found everything not to like and told me!
But another great outing on my sane, sensible Coblood so I am really pleased :)

Then Trev was up first in novice 38, he is so laid back, no fuss no bother wanders round to the warm-up and just works like he's at home :)

His was the long arena which had lots to look at including a gallery, mirrors etc, tool a nonchalant glance on his way round then knuckled straight down!
Lovely test with just one blip, flying changes are so easy... Why would you do counter canter? :D and when I mean easy I mean clean, amazing changes!!!!!
He has an incredible walk and was deservedly rewarded with a 9, lots of 8's and 7's. he won his section and second overall in a large class with just under 69%
Next was the non-qualifier, fitting him in a 20x40 is no mean feat :eek: but we all felt it was a much better test despite the addition of another flying change :rolleyes:
Disapointed with 66.4% and a mix of 6's and 7's but really pleased with the ginger ninja! He won his section and overall so was a very low scoring class :( still some shiny points towards the regionals from the qualifier.
No CP pics Mr W excelled himself this week with his crap photography skills!!!! Three pics... he had chopped her legs off in one, my head in another and the other third we were so far away I'm still not sure it was us :eek:
Instead some lovely pics of Clever Trevor
24398754-1481-4F4E-BD19-0A110C56B2A3-3757-00000293D8CA213A_zpsb8845a5c.jpg

967514EF-4B4E-4CA0-8B6B-A6861800BFA5-3757-000002942D3E87BB_zps1d138258.jpg

53F979C9-5F58-4968-91A0-308D27106C4E-3757-000002940140B0FE_zps08345644.jpg

14A44DCF-06E4-4D09-A990-ACF375683F0C-3757-00000293FBA91677_zps0a0e778f.jpg

BC75C17A-676A-4036-9DFA-8F6A50CD2342-3757-00000293F362CD54_zps3d7fa57f.jpg

D67688D8-6F21-4821-A616-16B37E637392-3757-00000293E91ACA40_zpsa527e509.jpg

150BABD9-C7E1-4541-A636-34DC2FA90EDA-3757-00000293E00163C8_zps50b81b9e.jpg

Thistle

Visit site
Trev has a huge front! When the backend has fully grown and muscled to catch up he will be quite some horse. His marks will be in the 70's by then. Well done with him.

It's really disheartening when judges just remark on the negatives. Even a 'lot's to like but......' helps

Wilbur_Force

Visit site
Great report as always! Where have you been hiding Trev? Stunning boy with loads more to come - so uphill!

Lovely to hear that you are having great fun on miss CP :D

Nicnac

Visit site
Should have said - Hadlow's my neck of the woods! (Minime has been out eventing IBP so no dressage yet for me!)

It is disheartening to have a grumpy judge but she's still a little star. Trevor is gorgeous and not only do you achieve amazing plaits; you should be the Daz girl with those breeches and numnah!

Lolo

Visit site
Trevor is gorgeous, that trot :eek: I have to admit I LOVE human names on animals, the more old-fashioned/ plain the better... Have a yearning for a coloured pony named Brian.

I also am a hater of negative tests. Even in the comments how hard is it to say something nice before something nasty?!

PorkChop

Visit site
Trevor is stunning :)

Clever CP, stuff the negative comments, we all want CC. However when are you essentially getting bulletpoint negativity it serves no purpose.

Maybe Mr W is taking the stance that if he is really rubbish at photography he won't be asked again ;)

nikkimariet

Visit site
Well done!!!!

Wow Trevor is huge :eek: Mr W rides him really nicely, lovely and open in front. I am a big fan of human names for animals :)

Ignore mean judge, some of them just hate life.

Worried1

Visit site
Trev has a huge front! When the backend has fully grown and muscled to catch up he will be quite some horse. His marks will be in the 70's by then. Well done with him.

It's really disheartening when judges just remark on the negatives. Even a 'lot's to like but......' helps

He is naturally a porker so have really tried to keep his weight down as it would be easy to think his lard was topline. Mr W really, really rates this horse so he is taking it slowly with him.

We're hoping he doesn't grow any more... :eek:

I came away a bit :( yesterday because we got 7's for nearly half the movements but our collectives were straight 6's

Wow Trev is lovely so uphill!!! and those breeches and Numhan is so clean, sparkerly white???

Love the CP updates she is lovely!!!

That is because Mr W NEVER does any manual labour ;)

Wow! That canter will certainly be something to behold if it's that expressive at 5! He's fab, well done to all :)

Great report as always! Where have you been hiding Trev? Stunning boy with loads more to come - so uphill!

Lovely to hear that you are having great fun on miss CP :D

Done lots of Trev updates honest :)

He is lush. What a lovely big horse!

Thank you :)

Should have said - Hadlow's my neck of the woods! (Minime has been out eventing IBP so no dressage yet for me!)

It is disheartening to have a grumpy judge but she's still a little star. Trevor is gorgeous and not only do you achieve amazing plaits; you should be the Daz girl with those breeches and numnah!

It's easy to stay clean when you don't do anything :p will tell CP IBP is eventing! Hope she doesn't get any ideas :eek:

Trevor is gorgeous, that trot :eek: I have to admit I LOVE human names on animals, the more old-fashioned/ plain the better... Have a yearning for a coloured pony named Brian.

I also am a hater of negative tests. Even in the comments how hard is it to say something nice before something nasty?!

Springs on hooves :D

Absolutely happy with score just think a little positivity can go a long way...

Trevor is stunning :)

Clever CP, stuff the negative comments, we all want CC. However when are you essentially getting bulletpoint negativity it serves no purpose.

Maybe Mr W is taking the stance that if he is really rubbish at photography he won't be asked again ;)

He takes a similar approach with mucking out ;)

CP is not a dressage horse but it was a prelim and so I just feel that we should be encouraging riders like me, lacking a bit of confidence... No one ever sets out to do a crap test and I'm well aware of my faults and hers, the 7's got no nice comments which is a shame as I feel this culd have offset the bits that were wrong!

Well done!!!!

Wow Trevor is huge :eek: Mr W rides him really nicely, lovely and open in front. I am a big fan of human names for animals :)

Ignore mean judge, some of them just hate life.

Lol that made me chuckle and I think you are right :)

It would be so easy to crank a bug horse like this in, but in order to preserve that enormous engine he needs to stay out in front, even at the expense of being slight above the vertical at times.

Well done, I like a nice cobblood :p

Trevor looks lovely - but woah is he huuuuuge?!

Hmmmm when he arrived he was 16.1... We're too scared to measure him now :eek:

Mince Pie

Visit site
Another gorgeous, massive horse! (the other being Ali's huge baby) He sounds like a real star and lovely that he's so laid back :)

Got to love CP, if she makes you smile then stuff the judge!

dafthoss

Visit site
Trev is lovely, he is going to be quite something when he is all filled out and muscley!

Shame about the negative judge, they suck! I hate it when they don't like the type of horse you are on, but all of HHO thinks CP is super. I think you need to give mr W some lessons in how to take photos as we need CP pictures as well as big shiney horse pictures.

Cheiro1

Visit site
Woowwww, What a stunning horse! You really do manage to find some crackers! :D Do you buy them as babies?

Sorry to hear about grumpy judge :( I don't know why some judges bother at times! :rolleyes:

Twiglet

Visit site
Love Trevor (and generally 'boring' names!).

Re: the judge - I had something similar at the weekend, thought the marks were very fair but every movement comment was negative. Was a bit disappointed until the writer sought me out afterwards to say the judge really liked my horse and (unfortunately away from the test sheet!) was saying very nice things about him. Apparently her 'style' is to only comment on what could be improved. Again, not great from the encouragement side of things.
But could be you had one similar!

Worried1

Visit site
Another gorgeous, massive horse! (the other being Ali's huge baby) He sounds like a real star and lovely that he's so laid back :)

Got to love CP, if she makes you smile then stuff the judge!

Thank you :) and your right!

Trev is lovely, he is going to be quite something when he is all filled out and muscley!

Shame about the negative judge, they suck! I hate it when they don't like the type of horse you are on, but all of HHO thinks CP is super. I think you need to give mr W some lessons in how to take photos as we need CP pictures as well as big shiney horse pictures.

I told him off all the way home! :( you can imagine the coversation :eek:

I just love that he's called Trevor! What a great name :) Very well done to both of you. I hate it when sheets read negatively.... Puts a bit of a downer on the test even though it was quite good! :)

Woowwww, What a stunning horse! You really do manage to find some crackers! :D Do you buy them as babies?

Sorry to hear about grumpy judge :( I don't know why some judges bother at times! :rolleyes:

We found him for Wilde2 as a 3-y-o and thought he was a big mega!

Wow trevs canter is huge!!!
Lovely report

:D

what a gorgeous horse. one i'll be keeping my eye on! :)

I love Trevor, he is so athletic!!

And only 5, wow that must be exciting for you :)

We are very excited about him:)

Love Trevor (and generally 'boring' names!).

Re: the judge - I had something similar at the weekend, thought the marks were very fair but every movement comment was negative. Was a bit disappointed until the writer sought me out afterwards to say the judge really liked my horse and (unfortunately away from the test sheet!) was saying very nice things about him. Apparently her 'style' is to only comment on what could be improved. Again, not great from the encouragement side of things.
But could be you had one similar!

Think it must be the case here, hoping judge is not at at Chester Hall Events :eek:

Tempi

Visit site
Trevor looks great - are you doing any more YH classes with him? How did he get on at the last one he did?

Shame no CP pictures and shame about the negative judge.

I was judging a couple of weeks ago and the organiser actually said to me afterwards how good my comments were as I made sure I had lots of positives as well as pointing out the negative factors. Something all judges should do.

JGC

Visit site
Trevor is ssoooooooo gorgeous and CP is amazeballs, as always :) You are also doing a really good job - I have confidence issues and know how hard they are to overcome!

If she ever goes missing, she's not with me *whistles innocent like*.

Worried1

Visit site
Trevor looks great - are you doing any more YH classes with him? How did he get on at the last one he did?

Shame no CP pictures and shame about the negative judge.

I was judging a couple of weeks ago and the organiser actually said to me afterwards how good my comments were as I made sure I had lots of positives as well as pointing out the negative factors. Something all judges should do.

He just missed out on qualifying and got a good score of 7.4 but taking on board what the judge and trainer said we have decided that while a great experience for him, we are training a horse to go Grand Prix not to win age classes now... Read into that what you will or PM me :p

Mr W said the same, he is a trainee now too, so I frisked him for his thoughts! He told m,e what was wrong but also told me what was good too :)

Trevor is ssoooooooo gorgeous and CP is amazeballs, as always :) You are also doing a really good job - I have confidence issues and know how hard they are to overcome!

If she ever goes missing, she's not with me *whistles innocent like*.

Thank you :) she is incredible, huge, naughty, cheeky personality! She rules the roost here!

TheoryX1

Visit site
Trevor looks just such a dude and he is so handsome as well with that flaxen tail. He is going to be one big boy when he is all grown up. Hope he stays as nice as well, as there is nothing worse than a big bargey ******.

I love human names as well and the silllier the better. I have a Barney (cobblood) and a Bonnie (proper dumbblood). I therefore have a foot in each camp (cobs v warmbloods) and am free to comment as I wish about either without fear of reprisal.

More of CP please, shame no pictures, but Clever Trevor made up for it.