Clicking joints...Advice?

Horselover1992

New User
Visit site
Hi all,

My horse's joints on two of his legs crack and click. They have done it since I got him six months ago so it isn't like he has been kicked or anything like that. It is just sometimes when he bends his leg, or when I go to pick his hooves out, they click. He's only four so a bit young to be having clicking bones!!

Is there anything anyone can suggest to help stop this problem? A supplement or support for when I'm riding maybe??

Thank you :)

McCauley

Visit site
My boy went through this phase while he was maturing (he'll have been around 4 when i first noticed and heard this clicking). He had what i tend to call 'growing pains'!! The clicking (mostly in his fetlock joints) stopped when he was turning 6.

HaffiesRock

Visit site
Same here. I have had my pony for 8 months now. When she came to me aged 4 she was a little clicky. She was 5 in May and now in regular (gentle) work, the clicking has completely stopped.

Horselover1992

New User
Visit site
Same here. I have had my pony for 8 months now. When she came to me aged 4 she was a little clicky. She was 5 in May and now in regular (gentle) work, the clicking has completely stopped.

Thanks very much guys that's put my mind at rest a lot! Don't know how to reply on these things without doing it as a quote! I'm not very IT tech!!! haha xx