Clinics in Scotland

lut

New User
Visit site
Who would you like a lesson from? I am just involved with a yard in the fife are and are going to be organising more clinics.

So far I've had

David gatherer
Elisabeth Leslie
Les Smith
David Harland

How often would you like them to come and how much would you be willing to pay (is in a large indoor school with full set of jumps)

JenTaz

Visit site
Patrick Print has recently moved back up to scotland, and is brilliant, I get lessons regularly with him at uni in wales as he travels all over the UK to teach, he's based not far from south queensferry now I believe.

khalswitz

Visit site
Who would you like a lesson from? I am just involved with a yard in the fife are and are going to be organising more clinics.

So far I've had

David gatherer
Elisabeth Leslie
Les Smith
David Harland

How often would you like them to come and how much would you be willing to pay (is in a large indoor school with full set of jumps)

Is this for Howe??

Those ones are all winners, as is Karon Carson for flat, and test riding clinics from judges.

lut

New User
Visit site
Is this for Howe??

Those ones are all winners, as is Karon Carson for flat, and test riding clinics from judges.

Not for Howe but another place . Not sure if I'm allloeed to say say as don't want to be seen as advertising . Can PM you instead if if you'd like to know .

xp0u4076

Visit site
I've not had lessons with anyone suggested so far but have heard good things about les smith and David gatherer. Please could you PM me also.

kez1001

Visit site
There is someone who arranges clinics with David G once a month over winter season in fife. I can share details via pm if you want.

It depends which discipline you are aiming at. Most of those trainers are eventing/jumping. Jill Grant is super for flatwork. Yvonne Macfarlane is great all rounder. Olivia Wilmot also another super trainer.

Jnhuk

Visit site
I organise a lot of training for my local RC and our DG clinics are popular. I also rate David Harland and Patrick Print. I think you need to find out who in your area will be interested in reg training and what discipline/s they want. There is a difference in the hourly rates for those three trainers for example and one charges a fee per rider so group lessons don't reduce the fee as much with other two who have a flat hourly rate so also depends on the budget of folks involved, the cost of venue and also tbh what else is on in the area. I have found that sometimes people are enthusiastic until the time to book turns up. Also you need to figure out when you are holding clinics as for eg DG has more teaching time available once eventing season ceases rather than thru the summer and DH is an active SJer.

Welcome to the joys of organising clinics!

MagicMelon

Visit site
I quite regularly use Ernest Dillon and Andrew Hamilton for training. Have just started going to David Harland. Can't afford Karon Carson as much as I want to (my local charges £35 or £40 for a group lesson). My general cost is £25 for a group 1 hour lesson. Niamh Meehan is very good for flatwork but not sure if she travels much. You could also try and get high level pro's in very occassionally for a special "treat", I had a lesson with Geoff Billington last year at my local venue and am considering doing the Blyth Tait clinic which BHS Scotland is running in a couple of weeks time locally.

lut

New User
Visit site
We're going to try and keep the cost down. Will be organising more pro lessons next year. Not sure how regular to do these as they will be mote expensive but thinking we could do a demo at night with lessons throughout the day.
I quite regularly use Ernest Dillon and Andrew Hamilton for training. Have just started going to David Harland. Can't afford Karon Carson as much as I want to (my local charges £35 or £40 for a group lesson). My general cost is £25 for a group 1 hour lesson. Niamh Meehan is very good for flatwork but not sure if she travels much. You could also try and get high level pro's in very occassionally for a special "treat", I had a lesson with Geoff Billington last year at my local venue and am considering doing the Blyth Tait clinic which BHS Scotland is running in a couple of weeks time locally.

Marydoll

Visit site
Ive used, David Gatherer, David Harland, Yvonne Macfarlane and Karon Carson, all are superb, theres others mentioned ive tried and thought not for me !
But i suppose different strokes and all that :)

Marydoll

Visit site
Can you pm me where youre planning to hold the clinics please ?
Rockrose equestrian in East lothian have regular slots with Karon Carson and the big guns doing clinics out there from the new year with Nicola Wilson, Di Lampard, Maria Eilberg to name a few, i know that Lucinda Green among other International coaches are signed up to hold clinics there as well, all sounds really good