Clipper blade sharpening

daydreamer

Visit site
hi everyone,

I bought a set of clippers last year and used them to give my TB a trace clip then 2 top up clips. He is old so quite hairy. Do you think my clipper blades will need to be sharpened before doing him this year?? Also where do people get their blades sharpened - is there a good place to send them off to?

They are Heiniger clippers if that makes a difference.

eggs

Visit site
If your horse's coat was very clean then your blades will probably last a bit longer - it is cutting through grit in the coat that really knocks it out of them. I am lucky in as much as there is Clipper Services near me so I just drop them off and pick them up the next day. They do get a lot of ones posted in but I don't know what the turn around time is for them

Clipper Services

• Phone: 01280 705864
  • Address: Field Farm Charlton Rd, Brackley NN13 5GH

AFB

Visit site
I've done two trace & a hunter clip since my Heiniger blades were last sharpened and they do feel OK, but I'll be getting them sharpened before using them again.

I'd also recommend Shearease

Shoei

Visit site
I am trying Shearease this time after Clippersharp sent me someone else's blades in error and then when mine did come back, they were still blunt.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
My Dad used to do mine down his shed on his lathe, they came up brilliantly sharp!

I think people on the yard have used Clippersharp before but not sure if they were good. There is a place called Problade in Essex that does a postal services at £8.50 a set if that helps and if you get enough people wanting the service they run a mobile workshop so can come to you!