Clipper drama

SpringArising

Visit site
For the sake of peace, paying was the right thing to do. There would have undoubtably been bad blood if not and that's not something you want with a YO.

VRIN

Visit site
This has happened to me every year on the first clip. The were easily sorted with a bit of cleaning - taking off the filters, checking brushes and making sure the reset button was pressed. last year they refused to comply!?!?! I sent them of for servicing and all returned working fine. Its possible that your YO is aware of similar things happening with hers, worth speaking to her. Otherwise send them off for a service - they will always tell you cost before carrying out any work.

ebonyallen

Visit site
Seems a little unfair, but as you agreed sorry to say you will have to sort them out. Many people who sharpen the blades do service them as well. So it's worth checking someone who does this out. Good luck with it.

Bob notacob

Visit site
I made sure I kept cleaning the clippers of hair but who knows.
Thank you everyone for your helpful replies, I have since gone and bought my own set off clippers, apologised and told the YO what happened and offered to pay for the repair. Hopefully it won't be anything serious and may just be down to wear and tear, we will see.
Just bad luck I suppose! ;)
Sounds to me like you have handled this well. I would suspect that its something very simple. You have handled this with integrity , not always easy to do. Respect.

hopscotch bandit

Visit site
Though re the circuit breaker thing, our stable yard electrics are all protected by a circuit breaker, so no need for one on the clippers as well.

Hi TP. I don't think you are right there although I am happy to stand corrected. I was under the impression that something like a horse standing on a clipper cord wouldn't set off a yard circuit breaker. That only comes into play if there is a surge of electric from the main power source. Clippers I believe need their own breaker for that. I think its something to do with RCD which is a device which measures current and breaks it if necessary but it does it quicker with a power breaker than a standard circuit board. This is why they always recommend you use a power breaker with garden tools.

OP I am glad you got it sorted in the end.

Last edited: