Clipper recommendations

hairycob

Visit site
Last year I didn't clip my 2 as they both live out and only hacked out at weekends. Son is just joining pony club so I think his very woolly pony is going to need at least a belly clip if he is not to get disgustingly sweaty. But I have been looking at clippers and they are SO expensive & I am extremely broke. I don't want to get something that isn't up to the job, but I don't want to pay too much - anybody got any recommendations?

barneyandem

Visit site
I have had in the past the stablemates and didnt rate them, then i got the heiniger deltas and although they are powerful, i didnt really rate them, after 4 years struggling with them (heiniger admit there was a fault with them in the early models!)i was reluctant to buy another pair from the same brand, however after speaking to some very knowlegable clipper people, i bought the heiniger progress, am really impressed with them!Very light and quiet and powerful!I only have one horse to clip but clip him regularly throughout the year and they have stood up well!Plus i got them for £165 bonus!!!

Janette

Visit site
Try looking on ebay - you can get some excellent bargains. I got a set of Liveryman Mustangs (Monster clippers
wink.gif
) for the princely sum of £150.

MagicMelon

Visit site
Hieniger Handy's are brilliant. Just got some from Farmrite. But you can get cheap ones on Ebay, I just got fed up with Ebay as of course its clipping time of the year so you'll have to do some serious bidding wars!

Toby_Zaphod

Visit site
Wolseley Swift, I bought mine several years ago & they've never let me down. They are ideal for clipping posibly 3 horses at a time. I've seen second hand ones sold on ebay for not alot less than I bought mine new so a good purchase & seem to keep their price.

Tia

Visit site
In my opinion - Hauptner are far superior to any of the others I have owned. Wish I could have brought them with me to Canada
frown.gif
but have to suffer useless Ostler ones over here......the only thing nice about them is the colour.....gold!