Clippers on a budget!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
ebay/tack sales?

I bought mine err bout 5 years ago for £50 from a tack sale. Were only a cheapish set when originally bought but had no problems with them at all although they have had a couple of services :).

K27

Visit site
I don't think you can go far wrong with the Lister Star clippers- I've had mine for a few years now and they're ever so reliable, quiet, don't over heat when in use and the blades last for ages. I paid about 180.00 but not sure of how much they are now.

Eriskayowner

Visit site
Depends what you need them for, or whether they need to be battery or mains etc.

I have a set of Moser Avalons as I have no mains electricity and they've clipped all three of mine last year (two of them twice) including two natives, one with a VERY VERY VERY thick coat.

I think they're fab, but they're my first clippers so can't compare them to anything!

barnbrookaa

Visit site
I have lister stars think they are bout 300 now and they are fabulous had same set of blades on for nearly 2 years only clipping one horse twice a year! Also have Moser artiko they arnt bad but after using my listers they don't really compare

dafthoss

Visit site
I have masterclip ones and I'm really happy with them :) they do my native when he has grown a yacks coat and the trimmers are really good if your after some.

ofcourseyoucan

Visit site
i would recommend either wolsley or lister, then heigner. cheap clippers are false economy as are cheap blades which blunt quickly and only have a couple of sharpenings in them!! IF you go down the second hand route do get them serviced and PAT tested before you use them. ALWAYS use a breaker whilst clipping!

EmmaC78

Visit site
I have the Moser Avalons as well and would recommend them. Have had them for years and have never had any problems with them.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
I have had my masterclip ones for two years now and they are still going strong. They have done 6 clips this year so far on the pony and 2 on the TB and bofore that they did 3 full clips on my veteran for showing and 2 on my TBx mare when we were competing :)

I get the blades sharpened and them service yearly and they have been worth the 60 quid I paid for them as at 40 quid a clip for someone else doing my horses as you can see from the above I have save a heck of a lot more!! :D