Clippers?

dwi

Visit site
Its got to that stage of the year when yetipony will need to be clipped soon if she is to do anything more than a sweaty walk. I've decided to hog her as well so that I don't get 2ft of mane wrapped round my hands every time we go into canter or it gets windy.

I know that you get what you pay for with clippers but money is tight and I don't need clippers that will do a whole yard or go all day, just one horse with a nice clean coat because I always bath before clipping.

Has anyone got the GTS clippers from ebay? Do they work or is it a bad idea?

I've been toying with some Liveryman Apollo's that I've seen in a sale. Are they worth the money? Suitable for a small hairy yeti?

bex1984

Visit site
nooooo don't hog her
wink.gif
just plait it!!

I've just bought some masterclip clippers off ebay, someone on here said they were good. haven't used them yet but have switched them on to check they work (they have a 1yr gaurantee anyway)! They are big and noisy tho so wouldn't be good for horses that aren't keen on being clipped (Murphy just dozes off being clipped!).

dwi

Visit site
It does look beautiful I'll admit but most of the time it just looks scraggy and knotted and my plaiting attempts are laughable
blush.gif
, I just can't get it to stay tight along the neck. Maybe I need to give it another try.

Daisy doesn't mind being clipped so masterclip might be a good idea for her.

Thanks

shazza283

Visit site
Hi

I bought some GTS clippers for my sheep - with sheep head on - they just exploded ! To be fair to them it may have been the thickness of the fleece- but they'd only been used to do 6 sheep - so ???? My advice would be buy a good 2nd hand pair - a lot of people buy clippers and never use them, or v little - ebay is good - also seen some on www.adtrader.co.uk - (yellow paper). I have had lister stablemate and laser clippers - both good but heavy and noisy - believe the heininger purple clippers (sorry can't remember name) are v good and much quieter. Also used liveryman arena clippers - do a reasonable job.
grin.gif

Kat1e

Visit site
I've got the Liveryman Apollos you mentioned and they work well on my hairy one! Not the quietest but good.