Clippers

Llanali

Visit site
For a one horse owner, moser artiko. Not man or big enough for a whole yard but fantastic for a few especially nervous ones. The artiko are the only ones u can use on three of ours- even twitched my mare can't take a set of lister on her skin.
Avalon are identical but cordless

Supanova

Visit site
Lister

I have some moser avalon and they were great for a year but they were just not heavy duty enough to clip a full horse several times and they will hardly clip anything now.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
have had my lister showman clippers for over 35 years, they have had to clip at least 2 VERY hairy horses for 20 of those years and now just my cushings horse who also gets very hairy. they are still going strong even though the battery pack is held together with tape....so i would recommend lister..

kirstyhen

mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk
I have Heineger Handy clippers too, love mine, they are still going strong after 8 years, having done a full clip (legs, head, the lot!) on an extremely hairy horse every two weeks for the first four or five years of their life!

I use Liveryman clippers at work and find they get extremely hot and are very noisy compared to mine, no idea what model they are mind, probably the cheapest! Although one pair have been battered for probably 10 years or more and had blades literally beaten off them because they have been forgotten about over summer, yet they still work fine!

I also have Lister Legato trimmers, which are bloody fabulous!

superpony

Visit site
I have the moser avalon clippers and never had a problem. This is the 6th winter of clipping with them and I fully clip at least two horses a number of times a year. One is also a v fluffy welsh x!!

Littlelegs

Visit site
Listers. I have one pair that I bought second hand about 17/18 yrs ago, they will still clip anything. Unfortunatly, the motor means I can't clip as fast as I like, & they wouldn't do more than one full clip of a hairy horse in a day. Would still be fine if I only clipped mine. And got newer Listers too. Used Listers a lot in an old job too, clipping on average 5x a week with them, & never had any problems.