Clippers

Cob Life

Visit site
I suspect I will be clipping a lot more this year so would like to buy some better clippers

(I used andis dog ones last year and it took my 4 hours to do a blanket clip)

Ideally under £200

it is just for one cob, possibly a tb through the winter, bonus points if they will do the cobs feathers and hog him well too!

Cob Life

Visit site
Potentially looking at the masterclip light weight hunter, Or the liveryman harmony plus but I’m not sure if the harmony will go through his feather

Last edited:

Cob Life

Visit site

Steerpike

Visit site
I've just brought some lister star for just over £200 they came with extra set of blades, oil, mini trimmers and oil, bag for clippers towel and bobble hat! I haven't used them yet but they seem a lot lighter than my old flippers.

Cob Life

Visit site
I have some old Lister Star clippers and some new Harmony ones.

Although some people at the yard do a full clip with the Harmony, I still do my full clips with the Listers. They‘re mains and rather noisy (my horses don’t care) but I prefer them. I use the Harmony for tidying.

https://www.moleonline.com/lister-star-clipper-pack-2021-1191630
Do you know how often you need eede to change the blades?
I’m assuming it will be similar to the andis dog ones, I used to get a blanket clip, including feathers and hogging per set

Visit site
I use Lister Laser clippers at work. Heavy duty, heavy to hold, noisey as hell but they still clip 10-12 horses a day without faltering. Usually for first clips I get 8-10 clips out of a set of blades. Once I get onto reclips I get up to 15 clips per set. But I am clipping thoroughbred racehorses so the blades will last longer on the finer coats.

I have multiple sets of blades and swop them between each horse so I always have a cold set to start.

Coblover63

Visit site
Mole Valley Farmers always do a Lister Star offer and this year's seems particularly good value for £209. A set of fine blades, a set of medium blades and a bottle of shampoo. I have Stars and can get two full clips of my traditional cob per set of blades. That doesn't include her mane or feather but I do half her legs. I always bath her the night before. Being clean really helps prolong the blade sharpness.

https://www.moleonline.com/lister-star-clipper-pack-2021-1191630

Becc

Visit site
Potentially looking at the masterclip light weight hunter, Or the liveryman harmony plus but I’m not sure if the harmony will go through his feather
I’ve got the Liveryman harmony plus for my cob. His feathers are very coarse and thick but the clippers make light work of them so can definitely recommend them.