Clipping advise. . .looking at buying some. .

Flint12

Visit site
Hi,

I am looking at buying a pair of clippers so i can do my lad myself. He has everything of, legs and all. He is normally clipped every 6-8 weeks(ish) so i will be using them a fair amount but i wont be doing any other horses but him.
The ones i am looking at getting are the Liveryman Harmony mains clippers, i have read alot of reviews on them and they all seem positive.
Just wondered what other people thought about them? He has a native coat, but as he is allready clipped out, i wont be clipping into his mamouth look alike coat. He is a pain to clip from knees down, but am hoping that owning a pair of clippers i can desensitize him myself as i will have them to hand every day to hold on his legs etc.

I am just after opinions on these clippers and whethere there are any others which i should take a look at?

One other little question. . .How much would you expect to pay for a full clip, legs and hog?(i used to pay £35 but only way to use the same person would be for me to box him over, which i want to avoid if pos) I am just trying to work out if it is worth it money wise in the long run.

Thankyou :)

diggerbez

Visit site
can't help with the make of clippers but i definitely think its worth having a set- especially if you have to clip off legs all year round...i would reckon about £40 for a full clip.
i have wolsey clippers and they are fab but quite big/ noisy

Ashf

www.stencilbum.co.uk
If your horses coat is very thick, you might struggle with a set of Harmonys as they are a half way between a clipper and trimmer (self tensioning blades) and don't have the power of a full mains set. They are quiet though and the battery pack makes life a lot easier.

Ginge Crosby

Visit site
I swear by my liveryman harmonys, i have the battery pack ones and they are just so easy to use (especially when u have a ginger TB/drama queen who likes to reverse walk in circles to avoid being clipped). That said, I'm not sure how well the blades would hold up against a thick/native type coat as i've only ever used them on my TB who's quite fine.