Clipping - am I being ridiculous?

Cob Life

Visit site
I think blue (Gypsy/maxi cob) needs to be clipped this year, he’s already getting sweaty. I’m not hugely experienced clipping though, I’ve done his legs but managed to escape clipping last year.

I just want to do a chaser To get all his sweaty patches off but his mane is hogged. Am I being ridiculous worrying that his neck is going to get cold as his light weight rugs don’t have necks on?

(p.s. I know I’m being stupid.)

Cornish

Visit site
My maxi cob (17yo) is chaser clipped, hogged and legs off. No rug, even today in the rain. Toasty warm and hopefully burning off some fat! In the depths of winter he has a deep and good quality 50g rug (no neck) just to keep the rain off. He's never cold. I'm sure yours will be absolutely fine x

P.forpony

Visit site
My fully clipped connie was out naked today, perfectly happy.
She will be clipped at least once a month this winter and only has one rug with a neck cover, it’s only function is to help with cleanliness the night before we go hunting ?

blitznbobs

Visit site
My fully clipped cob was naked today in stable and had a rain sheet when out (it was persisting down and I wanted to ride this pm so wanted him dry) his rain sheet has no neck... he’s a chubster tho so if he burns some fat — all to the good (I’m trying to lose a few pounds atm do you think I should go out Naked in the persisting rain to help with such a goal... ?..)

Cob Life

Visit site
My fully clipped cob was naked today in stable and had a rain sheet when out (it was persisting down and I wanted to ride this pm so wanted him dry) his rain sheet has no neck... he’s a chubster tho so if he burns some fat — all to the good (I’m trying to lose a few pounds atm do you think I should go out Naked in the persisting rain to help with such a goal... ?..)
I found a second horse To ride and brush and clean up after was very helpful for weight loss ?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site

Erm, I mean, yeah, go for it, shiver that off, girl! I’ll come with, although it’s probably going to cause an earthquake! ??