Clipping for people... Insurance?

KatB

Visit site
As it says really, thinking of doing some clipping for people to pay off new clippers!! Am used to clipping, but just wandering how/who people insure with, and is it specifically for clipping/ what sort of cover do you have?!

Thanks, any help appreciated.....

Tia

Visit site
I had myself covered under my Business Insurance for my livery yard. I'm pretty sure that you will have some sort of cover through your private insurance policy though? I would check the small-print as I think you can work with other people's horses and still be covered for liability? Please don't quote me though I could easily be wrong.

SSM

Visit site
I would think that if money is exchanging hands you should have professional liablity insurance - if you cut the horse could they come back to you? also should you have insurance to cover you should the horse rear etc on you and cause damage?

PS Want to come and clip the loopy Donkey
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

SSM

Visit site
We are doing it on Sunday - I did think about trussing her
shocked.gif
or having her knocked out completley - clip one side, roll her over and clip the other
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
blush.gif
blush.gif
Stress Free
grin.gif
grin.gif

burtie

Visit site
SEIB do a "care and control" section on their professional Liability insurance, it covers things like riding, grooming and clipping. I had this as part of my freelance instructors insurance so not sure how much it would be on it's own, but worth giving them a ring.

SSM

Visit site
I think she already has a bale a night - is that where I am going wrong??

Was going to cut her oats out the night before and that morning - not that they have any effect (except when chased by white vans!!)