Clipping - Moan

Dunlin

Visit site
Just tell them they started sparking and thank god they were on the floor, had they been in your hand you would have been electrocuted. That should put em off! If that fails then respond with "yeah sure, can I borrow your knickers"? I guarantee that will work but don't blame me for the strange looks and gossip!

It really annoys me though, you shouldn't have to make up elaborate stories, why people cannot accept no with or without an explanation is beyond me.

_GG_

Visit site
No elaborate stories needed. I spent the year prior to sil's diagnosis giving lessons when I really wanted to be working with my own horses because of an inability to say no persistent people. Those people stopped asking when I thought I would be leaving the area, now they know I am staying I have been hounded, especially by one person. This person stood for almost 15 minutes as I was doing yard stuff last night asking for lessons. I kept repeating that I may be able to from time to time as a last minute thing but I couldn't commit to anything as I need to put my horses first. She kept on asking as if she hadn't heard me. In the end I actually said, "I don't think you're listening to me. I can't commit to booking anything so no, I can't book you in for a lesson. I think it best you find an instructor who can offer that commitment".
She wasn't happy and even asked again. So I said, "when you have a lesson, you leave, go home and enjoy your night. If I give you a lesson when you want them, I then don't have time todo my own horses, still have to do all yard duties and don't get home til late inthe evening and miss out on family time. I am not doing that anymore, I have decided to put my horses and family first which leaves very little time for others."

I gave her a few numbers and she's going to use someone else. Sometimes you just need to man up and tell people the truth. They'll get over it. X

picolenicole

Visit site
I used to borrow my friends until I got mine fixed. I offered to pay to get them sharpend but she wouldn't have it as I only used them once a year. If they broke when I was using them I would pay half, but if I broke them myself then I would replace them. I now have mine fixed and I wouldn't lend them to anyone apart from a few very close friends that have their own anyway.

I would just say I'm sorry but it costs far to much to replace, service etc so I just cannot risk leanding them out.