Clipping question??

popeyesno1fan

Visit site
Hi guys. my daughter wants to new pony to be clipped out to the ears, with a star on each side, on the bum. Which, in theroy, is great. But, he's getting fresher and fresher as we go on, after having his teeth done. Now, in fairness, she's been well able to manage him so far, and this evening, my farmer neighbour invited us over so he could see her new pony, so we went. In one of the fields, on the way over, there were 80++++ turkeys in the field, fattening for xmas. they all ran at the pony, from inside the field now he did a whole pile of looking, as they were running and making strange noises, but he didnt do anything silly, and i was getting a bit nervous for my daughter. Kinda said, if you want to get down, you can. She turned to me and said, mam, he has to get used to the turkeys, we'll be passing them alot. not a bother on her.
Anyway, considering he's full of it since the teeth were done, am I mad to clip him out fully, would a trace clip be ok. (i know we wont get the "star" on his butt, but surely, there are better things in life!!!

mandwhy

Visit site
Could you not shave a star into the remaining hair with a stencil maybe? Bit more difficult I know!

I think I'd be a bit perturbed by 80 Turkeys running at me ;-)

Keenjean

Visit site
Why is the pony hyper after having its teeth done - not heard this before! Ditto if your worried do a blanket clip then clip into the hair on either side of the bum.

Newlands

Visit site
I used to clip stars into my friends ponies bottom, she was fully clipped but I did a mass of stars - either left all the hair on and did a few just leaving the outline of a star with hair about an inch thick- so you could do the same just the opposite way.

Littlelegs

Visit site
Do a trace & do stars on the shoulders. My daughter wants a love heart on one quarter & a bolt of lightening on the other this year.