• Total voters

Evadiva1514

Visit site
I clip all of mine myself!!
grin.gif
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
I can't clip to save my life, I'm too terrified I'll lop off something vital! My YO does it for me, but she's threatened to let me loose with her clippers next time I need it doing! eek!
Ooooh you're making me feel all wintry!

flyingfeet

Visit site
As above - I'd rather not, but I do them myself

Hair in my eyes, nose and places you wouldn't imagine. Not great for an asthmatic allergic to horses!
grin.gif

Lozz1uk

Visit site
YO has done mine in the past, although it ends up costing a fortune because she has to get the vet to sedate my horse. I was on a different yard this winter and they managed to clip without any sedation, so i'm tempted to try it myself this year if I can borrow some clippers from a friend!

Nari

Visit site
I get someone in to do mine. He's worried about being clipped & the man who comes to do him is brilliant - very fast & so good he can pretty much clip without watching what he does which leaves him free to concentrate on the horse & keep him calm - so it's better for everyone if I let this man do him.

RunToEarth

Visit site
Me. After spending years watching mum I am proud to say I do all ours myself, might I add that my coloured is LESS than easy to do...and also get paid to do ponyclubbers, which is a nice little earner for a 16year old.
smile.gif

Hanz

Visit site
Used to go down to local riding school for a clip. But now I have got my own and do however many I have at that time (including the ones i am riding) and my friend dosent like to be left out with her pony so i learnet to clip stars lol

Enfys

Visit site
I always clip. I LOVE IT!
No horse is safe with me around, and I'm a sod for making up stencils and putting patterns on, my hunt was disgusted when I first started with them, fancy going out with a Dragon clipped on the horse? Tut! They got used to it.

I have to admit I am not too fond of greys and coloureds, it's not always easy to see what you've done or not, on the other hand, wonky lines don't show up either!

RunToEarth

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
No horse is safe with me around, and I'm a sod for making up stencils and putting patterns on, my hunt was disgusted when I first started with them, fancy going out with a Dragon clipped on the horse? Tut! They got used to it.

I have to admit I am not too fond of greys and coloureds, it's not always easy to see what you've done or not, on the other hand, wonky lines don't show up either!

[/ QUOTE ]
I get like that, I clip most of mine's legs out in the summer, and I hogged two
blush.gif

I just enjoy doing it. I find it easy to do the coloured, he is mostly black so that is easy, but I agree with you on greys, and I hate it when they have black skin and you skim bits, makes a real bugger of it!!

pottamus

Visit site
This will be the first year I have clipped my horse and I will be getting a friend to do it because she does all the horses in the area. She has kindly lent me her clippers so I can get my boy used to them beforehand!

Liz_Clark

Visit site
I did my girlie myself for the first time last year (and iit was my first attepmt at clipping)

looked ok....from a distance...so long as you didn't look at both sides at the same time......(hard I know!)

smirk.gif

Radwaymare

Visit site
I normally do mine myself but to be honest with youthe thought of the itchy underwear syndrome afterwards is pushing me in the lazy, "pay somebody to do it for you" direction.

jacks_mum

Visit site
clipping Pepper is 'interesting'. I have to lie on the floor under her to do her belly as she is so close to the ground. I can't find anyone else to volunteer to do it!!.

I did Jack for the first time last winter - first time I'd done a 'big' horse. I tried a balnket clip which ended up at different levels on each side. Not so bad looking side on but from behind where you could see the lines going away, it looked quite amusing.

Mandz

Visit site
Do all mine myself - love clipping but hate the hairs in unimaginable places.

Just finished doing the hairest beast I have come across - the poor bugger has been turned out all winter without a rug and he is TB. It took my 4 hours on sat and then the final touches on sunday took about 2 hours
shocked.gif

He looks heaps better for it tho and I think he thinks he has died and gone to heaven - regular feeds - as much hay as he can eat and rugs rug rugs
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Mandz
xx

maddielove

Visit site
the yeard manager's sister did maddie last year[we ended up sedating her..couldn't help it though..she was like an absolute sheep by october!]

katelarge

Visit site
nobody can or does clip mine as he is terrified by it and grows a very fine coat so need to traumatise him, I've decided!

Theresa_F

Visit site
I do mine - Cairo takes a long time - there is a huge amount of him and he has very tough hair which even make my wonderful old Lister Stablemates need to have a rest every 10 mins or they get very hot.

I enjoy it and do the rest of the yard's ponies as well as mine. They in return do my boys when I need a day off from them.

Secret tip - beg, borrow or buy a motorcyle all in one wet suit - the one without the lining. That way you are covered from neck to toe. I also wear rubber gloves and wellies and am fairly hair proof as a result.

Safina

Visit site
I do, I am a bit wobbly but luckily have a thinnly coated TB who has a hunter clip so as long as I get the tops of the legs and the face right I am ok.

I remember the first time I tried to clip myself, at the time I had a pony and I wanted to give her a blanlet clip. I could not get the lines to match up on either side and they ended up higher and higher each time I tried.....ended up with a full clip in the end!