Clipping

littleredmare

Visit site
My horse has a blanket clip at the moment and my instructor advised me today to take the rest of it off and just leave her legs on. She has started to moult already so is it too late to clip?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Sorry no advice as I was thinking of clipping one of mine who looks very fluffy but will watch the replies with interest, I was just worried that his coat will look weird come show season.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I am not sure as I have never done it before but my guess is it will not be nice and flat and shiny like a nice summer coat which is putting me off doing it, if you don't intend to show and his getting hot I would do it as it doesn't really matter then.

zoelouisem

Visit site
Clip you'll be fine I'll clipped my bag pony last year in April she had a stunning summer coat come the summer one most showing people would be jealous off!!

AmberThePony

Visit site
You will probably just have to wait out the moulting as apparently it deadens the summer coat clipping late, something to do with the important hair ends.

supsup

Visit site
Depends entirely on the horse. I clipped mine off last March, and it had no impact on his summer coat at all, but then he doesn't finish shedding until July, and his summer coat was nowhere near in sight yet by March. Even if it had, I'd clip for the horse's comfort. I probably wouldn't clip just to avoid moulting though.

Dogsandcats

New User
Visit site
Mine is full clipped all year round literally everything off but on the occasion Last year I clipped well after Feb and his summer coat was left to grow normal and it looked absolutely fine.

huskydamage

Visit site
I'm not doing mine again now , but only because last time i did this late ended up with the 'ghost clip' lingering on past april