Closa contact saddles - opinions/benefits

4whitesocks

Visit site
I've been faffing about and considering buying a 'proper' saddle for a while now - challenge is I've v long legs and neddy has a v short back (oh and not a very big budget!!)- I rode last night in YO's close contact saddle (have never ridden in one before) and really liked it...she uses it for all disciplines....just wondering if anyone has any major pro's or cons?

Agent XXX999

Visit site
I love my CC's I find it strange riding in anything else.

I have a really nice HASTILOW you might like to PM me about - it has just had a new tree, is event saddle. Lovely, but does not fit Brucey, and not too expensive. x

SpruceRI

Visit site
I love my Close Contact jumping saddle also. I like its' flat seat so when jumping and my pony puts in a huge leap I don't get whacked up the bum by the cantle. It enables you to slide back in the seat rather than being pushed up out of the saddle. They feel really weird to ride in first off, but now I hate riding in anything else.

I hate deep seated bucket shaped jobs. Mine fits my girl a treat. They're designed to have flatter panels so they spread the weight. Saddlers say the panels can't be altered/restuffed because they're usually made of one big think piece of material rather than flocking, but my saddler was able to make some alterations to mine to fit.

I've got a Crosby jumping and a Fieldhouse jumping saddle, though that ones' got to go now horse sold.

Tharg

Visit site
SH used to have a Berneys close contact saddle, was weird at first but I loved it. In the end it turned out not to fit him when the psyhio came to look at him.