close contact saddles for long legged people!

Jenni&Ditty

Visit site
Hi, I'm looking for a close contact saddle that is really really forward cut! My legs are really long from hip to knee and I can't fit my legs in all the ones I have tried, when I have my stirrups short enough for xc (and that is not overly short!). I know I could get one specially made but I was just looking for ideas of makes please, as ideally I'd like second hand. Thanks!

millitiger

Visit site
There are loads, you just may have to have your knee over the front of the saddle sometimes like I do (and Mark Todd, WFP and countless other long legged people).

I currently have a Fairfax but also like most French monoflap saddles as well as Pessoas and Passiers.

WFP rides in Albions so assume they would suit too- personally I can't stand how blocky they are though.

gunnergundog

Visit site
WFP rides in Albions so assume they would suit too- personally I can't stand how blocky they are though.

Albion revelation is what I have; they are now on an adjustable tree and will make them as 'blocky' or 'unblocky' as you like!

I liked the Fairfax and my horse went well in it but they don't do an 18" which I would have needed.

PorkChop

Visit site
I use Frank Baines saddles for this very reason as they can put a longer more forward flap on any of their jumping saddles.

I am 6", with a very long hip to thigh and ride very short when jumping and so far this is the only make I have found that my knee doesn't have to go over the front of the flap :)

ETA I therefore do not need to use an 18" saddle, can squeek a 17" tree with 17.5" seat for my more short coupled horses.

Wheels

Visit site
Have you thought about a wow?

The XC flaps angled forwards might be an option or you can have an extended flap.