Cloudy eyes, runny nose PLEASE HELP!!!

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
You've just taken on a loan horse - is this to replace the one you have just sold ? If so, concentrate on the new horse, you have to let go of a horse you have sold on.

Hmmmmmmm....

MontyZoom5

Visit site
For heaven's sake! Vets are listed in the book and all of them put their emergency contact number on their answerphone message.

I'm sorry but what book? I don't have a book with this vets phone number on? I don't even know the name of the vet. I have texted her asking for the vets number and have asked if my mum can come down and look after the children so I can drive 2 hours away to see this horse at 10:30 in the evening and pay the bills but she hasn't responded. It's all well and good you shouting this stuff at me but what good is it doing? As long as it's not advice for what the symptoms might be you're just making me more stressed and nervous and defo making me feel like I'm a very bad person! I've even gone and woken my mum up and disturbed her just so I can go see this horse!

MontyZoom5

Visit site
i totally understand how you feel.
at the beginning of the thread it sounded like you actually had some sort of control over the situation. really hope all turns out okay. it could be something as simple as too much dust around to stress to strangles :( I really hope he's okay. I really want to say try and relax and do something to take your mind off the situation as there's no point stressing yourself out over something you cant (sadly) do anything about..but i know this is a lot easier said than done. Fingers crossed something is sorted asap x

Thank you so much <3 that's so lovely to hear some reassuring words! It seems everyone's out to get me tonight ;) your words have made me feel much better x thank you so much <3

cptrayes

Visit site
I'm sorry but what book? I don't have a book with this vets phone number on? I don't even know the name of the vet. I have texted her asking for the vets number and have asked if my mum can come down and look after the children so I can drive 2 hours away to see this horse at 10:30 in the evening and pay the bills but she hasn't responded. It's all well and good you shouting this stuff at me but what good is it doing? As long as it's not advice for what the symptoms might be you're just making me more stressed and nervous and defo making me feel like I'm a very bad person! I've even gone and woken my mum up and disturbed her just so I can go see this horse!

You have had horses all your life. You MUST know what a snotty nose and cloudy eyes might mean. I do not understand what you hoped to gain by posting this four times on this forum, sorry. I think you need to log off and calm down. The horse is not yours. The owner is fed up with your attempts to contact her. There is nothing you can do.

MontyZoom5

Visit site
You've just taken on a loan horse - is this to replace the one you have just sold ? If so, concentrate on the new horse, you have to let go of a horse you have sold on.

Hmmmmmmm....

No! Not at all this horse would never ever be replaced this is only a short term loan to help my pregnant friend keep her horse well, healthy and fit while she takes time of to have her baby and take care of her baby! I've had this horse since I was 9 years old I'm not going to be able to let go just like that. You might be able to but I have very strong bonds with my horses, this is my first horse that I have sold and I am really struggling. Never selling any of my horses ever again.

MontyZoom5

Visit site
You have had horses all your life. You MUST know what a snotty nose and cloudy eyes might mean. I do not understand what you hoped to gain by posting this four times on this forum, sorry. I think you need to log off and calm down. The horse is not yours. The owner is fed up with your attempts to contact her. There is nothing you can do.

It's kind of hard to make a guess when you can't see the horse, you can't see the snotty nose or the colour of its eyes or feel it's temperature! This has never happened before, none of my horses have ever been very I'll before they've always been healthy the worse thing that has happened is one have colic and have to be put down, other then that all my horses have been healthy and have never had any emergency vet call outs! If you know, then why are you determined to fight me instead of just tell me what this horse might have?

cptrayes

Visit site
It's kind of hard to make a guess when you can't see the horse, you can't see the snotty nose or the colour of its eyes or feel it's temperature! This has never happened before, none of my horses have ever been very I'll before they've always been healthy the worse thing that has happened is one have colic and have to be put down, other then that all my horses have been healthy and have never had any emergency vet call outs! If you know, then why are you determined to fight me instead of just tell me what this horse might have?

It's kind of hard to make a guess when you can't see the horse. :)

MontyZoom5

Visit site
It's kind of hard to make a guess when you can't see the horse. :)

Right? So why did you make out like I was some kind of idiot for not knowing when you don't know yourself? I don't mean to sound rude or offensive in any way! But if you don't know yourself don't you think that's a bit silly saying I should know when you don't?

cptrayes

Visit site
Right? So why did you make out like I was some kind of idiot for not knowing when you don't know yourself? I don't mean to sound rude or offensive in any way! But if you don't know yourself don't you think that's a bit silly saying I should know when you don't?

I suggest that you check back my posts. I have already told you the three things that it could be.

I did not say you did not know, I said that as a horse owner all your life there was no way that you would not know. YOU said you did not know.

I now don't think you are for real, sorry. Your posts are getting too silly.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
OP, give it up now. You are coming across as very immature. I am afraid your street - cred on this forum has taken a major bashing (I can hear the popcorn almost popping ).

charlie76

Visit site
Op..why can't you call the vet? I feel it odd to spell it out but you know where the horse is, you no the location, so go on Google and search for the equine vet in that area and ring the number, from there they will either put you straight through the emergency vet or give you another number to ring. Not rocket science!

MontyZoom5

Visit site
OP, give it up now. You are coming across as very immature. I am afraid your street - cred on this forum has taken a major bashing (I can hear the popcorn almost popping ).

I'm sorry! I've said that 1000 times, I'm extremely stressed and not my normal self. I don't see how I am being immature about this. All I am asking is for some help with this horse, all you have done is tell me how stupid I am for asking for help which is truly ridiculous because this is a forum. You can't ask for help on these things.. No? forums are made for people to ask for help! And if you can't give any advice apart from nasty comments I suggest you stay away because it only makes matters much worse. I don't know what I was expect into get from this. Perhaps a few reasonable answers, saying it's probably just an infection or my horse has had that before too and it was fine, hope you're feeling ok we're here for you hope the horse is ok. I have got a few like that but obviously that is too much to ask from some people who just want to make life very difficult for others.

Ptolemy

Visit site
I've sent her about 50 texts and called her about 1000 times. She hasn't answered a single one. :( I've been calling her about every five minutes, I've tried texting her, Facebook messaging her I don't know what to do! She's probably tired out of her wits of me!

Yes, she probably is.

Seriously, let her deal with it. It is no longer your horse. With all of the well meaning in the world, if I was your friend I'd be on the verge of blocking you by now. She told you about the illness out of consideration and it made you into a neurotic mess. I wouldn't be expecting any more phone calls in the future about the wellbeing of your ex-horse if this is how you are going to react.

MontyZoom5

Visit site
Yes, she probably is.

Seriously, let her deal with it. It is no longer your horse. With all of the well meaning in the world, if I was your friend I'd be on the verge of blocking you by now. She told you about the illness out of consideration and it made you into a neurotic mess. I wouldn't be expecting any more phone calls in the future about the wellbeing of your ex-horse if this is how you are going to react.

She phoned me up in tears last night telling me all these begging me for my help. She sent me a text this morning saying
'Hi Annette, I am ever so sorry I didn't see your texts you sent me as I went to bed and tried to get some sleep. Thank you for being so helpful and staying up last night trying to arrange a vet and offered to pay the vet bills. I'm sure he will be fine this morning, for future cases here is the vets no. And emergency no and the vet is called bla bla bla... I am so sorry to have disturbed you last night. I hope I didn't stress you out too much, take it easy try and remember you're not well... Blah blah blah. Would you like to come up and see him today? Whenever your free, he really misses you. Hope you are well... And get on with all your course work ;)
See you soon hunni.'

Then I replied 'thank you Hannah, thanks for letting me know he wasn't well. I managed to get in touch with one vet in that area but they wouldn't go down to see the horse because no one would be there to meet them there with the horse and they won't know which horse it is blah blah blah. Hope you wearnt to worried last night. Had a few people on one of the forums saying a few rude things but everything I posted on the other forum they where really really nice and supportive. Please let me know how it went. Think I'm going to try and sleep now. I would love to come and see him :) thank you.

vickyb

Visit site
She phoned me up in tears last night telling me all these begging me for my help. She sent me a text this morning saying
'Hi Annette, I am ever so sorry I didn't see your texts you sent me as I went to bed and tried to get some sleep. Thank you for being so helpful and staying up last night trying to arrange a vet and offered to pay the vet bills. I'm sure he will be fine this morning, for future cases here is the vets no. And emergency no and the vet is called bla bla bla... I am so sorry to have disturbed you last night. I hope I didn't stress you out too much, take it easy try and remember you're not well... Blah blah blah. Would you like to come up and see him today? Whenever your free, he really misses you. Hope you are well... And get on with all your course work ;)
See you soon hunni.'

Then I replied 'thank you Hannah, thanks for letting me know he wasn't well. I managed to get in touch with one vet in that area but they wouldn't go down to see the horse because no one would be there to meet them there with the horse and they won't know which horse it is blah blah blah. Hope you wearnt to worried last night. Had a few people on one of the forums saying a few rude things but everything I posted on the other forum they where really really nice and supportive. Please let me know how it went. Think I'm going to try and sleep now. I would love to come and see him :) thank you.
Are you for real? I just don't believe any of this, the whole thing is ridiculous. However, it's provided some entertainment while I wait for the rain to stop. Your posts have a very familiar ring to them OP.

cptrayes

Visit site
This is hilarious. You rang a vet and asked him to go to a yard after I logged off at nearly midnight last night where there would be no one to show him the horse?

How stupid do you think we are?

Seriously, if you are that desperate for attention that you need to post threads like this, I believe that you need some medical help.

fatpiggy

Visit site
Errrrmmmmmmmmmmm ... ok.

Strangest post ive read on here!! lol

Things must have been getting boring under the bridge! A person has bred a horse but panics because its got a runny nose??? Doesn't know that a horse moving on to a new yard invariably passes to everyone else or catches a snotty in the first 72 hours. And what's with the transcript of a text conversation? You can probably get treatment if you go to the doctor dear.