Clydesdale fans?

RutlandH2O

Visit site
If your photos are on Facebook, you can right click and copy the URL link, then paste the link in between the
tags (without the hyphen).

Thanks for that info, but I'm not on Facebook.

I come to this thread on the forum, open my Photobucket account, highlight the img thingy under my chosen photo, click copy...and then it all goes pear-shaped.

RutlandH2O

Visit site

This was Thunder, one of the sweetest, most loving, attentive, people I've ever known.

The people in the second photo are one of my past vets and his fearless baby boy. If allowed, Thunder would have groomed the baby. As it was, Thunder groomed my pet sheep, cat and donkeys.

Last edited:

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ooooo, lovely mare!!

Thank you, first mare I have ever owned - bit of a learning curve ! she is only 6 and frighteningly clever. She can open any door or gate and is a 'bit of a character' to say the least. She got topside in her previous home and we have had to get a bit firm with her, but she soon came round and her manners are fairly consistent now. Safe and comfortable to ride but tricky in the school and sits above the bridle as an evasion. Work in progress !

RutlandH2O

Visit site
Thank you, first mare I have ever owned - bit of a learning curve ! she is only 6 and frighteningly clever. She can open any door or gate and is a 'bit of a character' to say the least. She got topside in her previous home and we have had to get a bit firm with her, but she soon came round and her manners are fairly consistent now. Safe and comfortable to ride but tricky in the school and sits above the bridle as an evasion. Work in progress !

What is her other half? I really like her!

cblover

Visit site
I think you know I love them Darren! Here is Tedbert, my part clyde youngster. Some days he looks a real clyde and others not so much, but he's changing all the time!
7 weeks old

2 yr old

Kitty B

Visit site
My neighbor had a Clydesdale that I used to brush and chat with when I was still very young (I knew him from when I was about 8 to 14). I only rode him once, and being small it wasn't easy! I had to stand on a tall, overturned bucket just to reach the stirrup, and even then it was a stretch. He was very gentle and sweet, incredibly patient with my efforts to groom him, but had the most unoriginal name going... his name was Budweiser. :rolleyes: I just called him Buddy. I've had a soft spot for the breed since knowing him, but he is the only one I've ever had any actual experience with. I admire from afar, and smile at the memories Clydes bring back. Buddy was the embodiment of the phrase 'gentle giant'. Despite how much he towered over me, not once was I ever afraid of him; he never gave me a reason to be. :)

ETA: The horses in this thread are just gorgeous, by the way!

NikkiF

Visit site
Another huge Clydie fan here! Have had 1 pure bred and 2 TBx's, all beautiful looking and fantastic temperments (I can never spell this :rolleyes:).

I used to be able to put pics on here but don't seem able to anymore :confused:

Loved all the pics here :D

ClaireBlyth

Visit site
http://i1145.photobucket.co
Me, me! Some lovely photos.

I have a pure 17.1 who's 15. He is a legend and such a kind soul although he does have his cheeky side.

m/albums/o520/Claireblyth30/7EA5C016-FCC2-46ED-9757-EC026C595D6D-17169-00001A36B2F7F81C.jpg

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
Lovely horses. My riding instructor has just succumbed to a fairl elderly one who is sadly a bag of bones. She said she couldn't leave her and had to buy her - and looking at her eyes I understand. I hope she eventually comes good as I would love to ride her.

horsey4life

Visit site
I went to Cumbrian heavy horses too, it was AMAZING! I did the beach ride and they are just gorgeous to ride - I was on Oscar. Like a big sofa, I definitely want one when I have the money!

RutlandH2O

Visit site
DC, Thanks. He was so special. My husband and I were rank novices when we acquired him (Thunder was the name with which he came...his previous owner said he thundered across the fields at her place, but we know it was really the sound of his wind which was audible a mile away!). He taught my husband to be confident and trusting around a one tonne animal. I never had that sense of fear, but I learned so much about horses thanks to him. His temperament was second to none. The photo of him with my vet's baby says it all...a picture is worth a thousand words.

RutlandH2O

Visit site
^^This! What a wonderful pic of Thunder and the mini human - surely that could win some sort of photography contest - just adorable!

Thanks, tg1. I have posted this photo a couple of times before, but it's my favourite one of him, not so much for his conformation, but for illustrating his lovely disposition.

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
I'll see what I can do for you! ;)

You'll make me very, very happy :D Thank you!

Any tips about choosing a Clydesdale would be appreciated from anyone who can advise me. We originally wanted one for more relaxed hacking than our TBs can offer, but I now see that some Clydies can jump beautifully too!

Tnavas

Visit site
Clipped out for the stallion parade - progeny - to show the versatility of the breed, aged almost 2 years old

Her first show at 18 months old - she won her 3yrs & under class and was Reserve Champion

With her first foal Serenade

Mum Jess & Dad Taungatara Supreme's Victory

And Aithrey Highlander, Half Clydesdale competing at Grand Prix dressage level in NZ at HOY 2012 - he is also a Grand Prix level Show Jumper

Last edited: