Coast to Coast.

Gucc

Visit site
Hi. Has anyone ever ridden from Coast to Coast? Looking at possibly Whitehaven to Sunderland. Can anyone recommend places to stay and bridle paths etc? Route is yet to be decided and is in early stage of planning but any local knowledge would be appreciated. Thanks for reading

Art Nouveau

Visit site
I've dreamt of doing the Transpennine Trail on a horse but that's also not fully connected for horses, it's about 70% open. :-( I'm hoping one day it will be or I'll be able to find a route round.

Orangehorse

Visit site
Catriona Cook lives in the North and has done many long distance rides, she may be able to help. Was on the BHS Committee, you could probably find contact details in BHS book.

Identityincrisis

Visit site
I cycled that exact route about 4 years ago. It kick started my fitness challenges that I set myself. I did it with my sister and dad (me 30, sister 28 and dad 58) dad struggled at times on the two main climbs but other than that he was ok. Me and my sister loved it! We did it over 3 days, stopped in well situated family along the way! But my aunt runs a holiday cottage in Allenheads if you want to email for availability. We passed through there so made that our second night.
Do you cycle? I hadn't been on a bike since I was a child so did plenty of training

Gucc

Visit site
Thanks all.. It's defiantly something that we are going to do this year provided we can get a suitable route planned and overnight accomplished and grazing.

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
A long time ago in my misspent youth I tackled the "bridlepaths" that connect the head of Ennerdale with Wastwater and Buttermere. I had a Fell pony and we got over the passes though I was on foot most of the time. All I can say is that unless your pony is half bred mountain goat, don't pick that particular route.