Coats for Terrerists?

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Have a look at a little firm based where I am in the Westcountry called "Equafleece".

They have some very nice little fleeces and tankies for all sizes of dogs.

I can recommend them highly. Their stuff is of excellent quality and when I was taking my dog on holiday with me they rushed out a coat especially for her.

Nice people.

Sorry can't post the link but you should find them OK if you Google.

palo1

Visit site
Equafleece are excellent I find I and they will do their best to find a warm jacket/jumper for your little one @MrsMozart. All our dogs have used Equafleeces over the years: jumpers for old dogs, coats for outdoor wet dogs etc and they are really superb. I would love one for myself to be honest! The only other thing I would recommend if you have no need for a coat to be water-resistant/water-proof (which the equafleece ones are in spite of being wonderful soft fleece) is a thermatex dog coat. They are lovely too and can be super smart as well as toasty. :) Enjoy shopping! At least at such a wee size you can probably justify splashing out to get something lovely :):)

ETA links here: https://www.equafleece.co.uk/dogs/all-dog-products

https://www.thermatex.co.uk/thermatex/Dog-Coats.html

{97702}

Visit site
Thank you all! Off to Google ?

Y'up S! The thinnest coated wimpiest dog I've ever met. She'll happily go out and play and walk but gosh she shivers.

I have to admit George does have a fleece ? Very very kindly donated by a lovely HHOer! He wasn’t at all keen on the raincoats though.

I think Colin will be the sort to need a coat too.....?

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
I have to admit George does have a fleece ? Very very kindly donated by a lovely HHOer! He wasn’t at all keen on the raincoats though.

I think Colin will be the sort to need a coat too.....?

She's not keen on having them put on but seems okay once it is on.

It's very odd having a dog that needs a coat in the summer. The others have waterproof fluorescent ones, good for being able to see them in the long grass, and drying coats, but they're mainly for my benefit ??

Colin... He's been named?

{97702}

Visit site
She's not keen on having them put on but seems okay once it is on.

It's very odd having a dog that needs a coat in the summer. The others have waterproof fluorescent ones, good for being able to see them in the long grass, and drying coats, but they're mainly for my benefit ??

Colin... He's been named?

He has indeed - I saw the name on another thread and have borrowed with pride, thank you Baccara for the inspiration and I have stolen your dog name ???

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Ooh! I like both makes!

I feel that this 'free' dog could become very expensive ?

I have always found that free dogs are the most expensive! From the brown Lab pup who developed epilepsy aged 18 mths and loved to steal eggs and butter to ..the Rottweiler who ate a packet of paracetamol that she stole out of a handbag

misst

Visit site
Equafleece all the way. I did measure my little old girl who was on steroids at the time. The website kept rejecting the measurements and said ring up. I rang up and the nice lady said "really that cannot be right" "what sort of dog is this"!! I said a fat small JRT (she went from 5.5kg to 9kg on steroids and no excercise). I remeasured and the lady said the nearest fit would be a pug size:-0 It did fit beautifully and I got her a new one when she lost the weight. Still got it and it does my little boy terrier now. I love them - not too hot not too cold waterproof mudproof and dries in no time.

teddypops

Visit site
My old boy favours his parka over his other coats, he also likes his duffle jacket. He likes to wear the hoods up! For a ‘proper’ dog coat, he has weatherbeeta ones.

{97702}

Visit site
I have always found that free dogs are the most expensive! From the brown Lab pup who developed epilepsy aged 18 mths and loved to steal eggs and butter to ..the Rottweiler who ate a packet of paracetamol that she stole out of a handbag

Actually that’s a very good point.... very cheap terrier was taken to the vet for a check up when I got him, ‘oh no I’m not paying for that that and that’....

Cue £185 out of hours vet bill for eating hot cross buns ?

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
Hotterdog (Equafleece).

I put a zip into the back of mine to make it easier to out on/take off.

I had to take a couple of darts to get a really good fit but am really pleased with it - and its JRT owner loves it.

Keeps her toasty and dry when the long grass is cold and wet! I found it brilliant keeping the mud off her in winter and it washes very well.

palo1

Visit site
I do love the thermatex coats too - but they are not quite so practical as Equafleece. It is however a guilty pleasure to choose the coat colours and then the bindings...!! you can also get them embroidered. I am going to stop myself now. Red IT has an equafleece in loden green even though he has a perfectly serviceable wiry coat of his own making but then he shivered horribly once when we were out and had to stop for ages for something or other so a coat was ordered. I keep eyeing up Thermatex jackets for him (I ought to get one of my own and they do those and lovely human waistcoats). He really doesn't need one. But I do love a terrier (or any dog) in a coat in bad weather...they are practical and it isn't especially necessary for even a roughty toughty terrier to be cold or wet :) :)