Coats

Tempi

Visit site
I'm after a long, warm very waterproof coat with hood for teaching in in the Winter. I've got a 3/4 length Musto I wear to teach in at the moment which is fab but i'd like something longer (below the knees?) for Winter. Needs to be good for cold days aswell (although I tend to wear a body warmer a lot of the time under coats anyway).

Im skinny and tall - around a size 8 in my upper body and 6ft tall.

Most coats are too short in the sleeve for me and too big round the middle if I go a size higher to fit my arm length.

I'll probably go to our local tack shop and see what they have so I can try some on but would like recommendations.

I dont have loads of money to spend so cheaper ideas are welcome! But I know decent coats don't come cheap!

I like the look of the Musto Breckland Jacket but its quite a lot of ££££s....

Tempi

Visit site
Anky and Kingsland both do long coats which have long arms...!! The Anky one's especially should do the job for you? :)

Thank you - i'll have a look at those :)

I'm no help as I just bought the musto Suffolk, but I figure it will last me

Lol!! Well thats what I might do aswell if I dont find anything else, my current Musto i've had a good 6 years and its like new still (and gets worn all the time).

Try Landsend.co.uk not equestrian but their stuff is good quality and lasts (and has reasonably long arms;))

Landsend have a really nice coat i've got my eye on actually but its not waterproof :(

Polotash

Visit site
I don't know if it would be long enough for you but I picked up a Rydale one for my Mum (5'8) which was only £40 and is fleece lined, so really nice and warm in winter. It's waterproof too, my mum teaches in hers and stays dry!

Barbour of course are warm and dry, but very pricey!

Polotash

Visit site
I don't know if it would be long enough for you but I picked up a Rydale one for my Mum (5'8) which was only £40 and is fleece lined, so really nice and warm in winter. It's waterproof too, my mum teaches in hers and stays dry!

Barbour of course are warm and dry, but very pricey!

I think this is the one, only £30 too!

http://www.rydaleclothing.co.uk/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=13769&idcategory=29

They do Unisex ones too, so they should have longer arms.

http://www.rydaleclothing.co.uk/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=19196&idcategory=30
http://www.rydaleclothing.co.uk/shop/pc/viewPrd.asp?idproduct=13597&idcategory=30

Sol

Visit site
My 6'4 boyfriend can fit in my long musto coat :eek: :p to be fair, it's a bit big for me and almost ankle length, but it doesn't look tiny on him! (he is skinny though which helps!). But short in the arm but then everything is, still, not by an awful lot, and still comes below his knees... somehow! I can't remember what size I got, I think it's a 10 (I'm a size 6-8 normally but I was advised by my mother to go a size larger to fit winter clothes underneath, don't think I needed to tbh!). I love it though even if it is a bit big!