cob cross arab's...

Reacher

Visit site
My welsh x arab is beautiful, talented and has a lovely temperament. (Not biased!)

However this is a zombie thread!

Last edited:

Ambers Echo

Visit site
The new filly on the yard is a Welsh D X Arab. She's a cutie. A BOGOF to a novice first time owner if anyone wants her at weaning!!

245899580_4482502835163096_7455462808950651571_n.jpg

eahotson

Visit site
My son's horse is Anglo-arab x cob. He is out of a cob mare who was probably mostly Irish, possibly with some ID.
He is around 16.1h, has evented to BE Intermediate/one star, was a Pony Club stalwart, hunted, hacked (lots) and completed some Trec with me. He is now 21 years old and I'm currently enjoying having some dressage lessons with him. He has a real pony brain in a horse body. He is like Mary Poppins - practically perfect in every way - clever and cheeky but an amazing horse! The main issue was keeping him really fit for eventing - he wouldn't have been close to optimum times at higher levels. He does have one quirk - several people, including professional riders have got off him fairly quickly - he does not respond at all well to riders who are strong in the leg and tight on the reins!
My very kind sensible Welsh is like that.Does not take kindly to strong leg and rein.

Peglo

Visit site
The new filly on the yard is a Welsh D X Arab. She's a cutie. A BOGOF to a novice first time owner if anyone wants her at weaning!!

245899580_4482502835163096_7455462808950651571_n.jpg

if only I knew anything about yearlings up to breaking a horse in! She is gorgeous! Chestnut mare with a white face is my absolute favourite ?

J&S

Visit site
I was lucky enough to get the ride on a gorgeous Arab x Welsh mare in the NF when I first moved there. She was really lovely to look at, a great hack on the forest and could jump any course you put her at. I had not ridden regularly for a while when I was offered her but she made me feel at home right from the off.

PurBee

Visit site
I don't have a coloured cob? I have a performance bred section d and am thinking of using a straight Egyptian stallion of the highest calibre...

Oh that’s a super mix.

My mare is the dam of my gelding. She’s show welsh D x arab roscian - she’s very smart, has arabian presence and a stockier body - health fabulous, almost 20yrs old, really hardy, deals with winter cold and heavy rains like a cob, amazingly! … and once she trusts you its a fabulous working bond to have.

She then bred with an full egyptian stallion with shaklan lines. The resultant gelding is 75/25% arab/welsh d - just superb in temperament….very brave. They both learn new stuff quickly, and have so much curiosity to like learning. He hates the rain, getting wet, not as weather hardy as his dam. Health fabulous.

Forage feed for both and minerals/grazing, plenty of turnout 24/7 either grazing or hard-standing large loafing area. Grains fire them up, they dont need them for my situation but perhaps will tolerate grain foods better if in daily work. So overall personality when happy surroundings is chilled-out, curious, respectful, hardy, sensitive to sudden changes like most horses.

Dam is 14.2hh, shaklan stallion 15.1hh - gelding’s turned out to be 15.3hh.

They’d suit endurance, trekking, showing, dressage & possibly x-country for the gelding. (I dont jump them so cant comment on their jumping ability)

Ratface

Visit site
How dare you be so bloody rude. Nothing is more common than a plain bay TB thing, like in your picture.
My purebred Arabian, now 28 and still in light work, was HOYS Grade B showjumping winner in his younger days. I won a few local classes on him. However, he was very fast, cut corners and tended to jump the wings! I had no steering or brakes and gave up the unequal struggle. He's still hooked on it, though. Eyes up the jump poles/wings in the corner of the school - trotting poles are usually taken at a sideways jog!
I love jumping, but daren't as I'm sure he'd jump me off!