Cob legs.

Moobucket

Visit site
My cob has had mildly itchy skin on his hind legs for a little while. I caught him stomping and treated him twice two weeks apart for feather mites, with Dectosect..(i can't remember if that's how you spell it)? Anyway, it doesn't appear to have made a difference as I caught him biting his back leg again tonight. The skin is pink looking, and his feathers are a little scurfy. My thoughts are mud fever, but I wouldn't expect to see it given that he's been out in a very dry field. Any thoughts HH'ers before I get the vet to have a nosy? :confused:

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I'd go for the Dectomax injection which is about £12. He might have got into the habit of biting/rubbing now. Avon Skin so Soft combed through thoroughly has really helped my feathery boy. :)

5bs

Visit site
Mine is the same when he has mites, which the chewing suggests it is. I buy the frontline pipettes for extra large dogs and put one on each leg, symptoms gone within 24 hours, and last anything from 4 weeks to 3 months.

Put each pipette in ths crease of the fetlock, wear gloves and gently massage it in, avoiding spilling any.