Cob snobs need not apply>>>

abi31

Visit site
This is a genuine pony. Thankyou to those who have said that a good pony is worth it's weight in gold. Those still debating his 'French cobiness' can spend their evening googling his genetic parentage. Those who are affronted by the advert header who would not be seen with their child on anything with feathers would be wasting their time. Those who enjoy 'jumping on a bandwagon' and having a dig at others are encouraged to mind their own business and those who are searching for a pony who is happy, loves life and is an absolute cracker are advised to see for themselves and make their own opinions.
Not my pony but I do have my horses on the same yard. Maybe I will advise the owner to get Annie Loebowitz to take future photos. Rant over.

OldNag

Wasting my time successfully....
Visit site
This is a genuine pony. Thankyou to those who have said that a good pony is worth it's weight in gold. Those still debating his 'French cobiness' can spend their evening googling his genetic parentage. Those who are affronted by the advert header who would not be seen with their child on anything with feathers would be wasting their time. Those who enjoy 'jumping on a bandwagon' and having a dig at others are encouraged to mind their own business and those who are searching for a pony who is happy, loves life and is an absolute cracker are advised to see for themselves and make their own opinions.
Not my pony but I do have my horses on the same yard. Maybe I will advise the owner to get Annie Loebowitz to take future photos. Rant over.

He sounds a lovely pony and I hope he finds a great home.

I think the comments about the photos are fair. For a horse costing that sort of money, one would definitely expect decent, clear photos. One would also expect any professional photos to be without watermarks (ie, paid for). No need for Annie to take them but they should be clear.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Well we'd need to know his parents to google them! He looks like many a new forest pony! Obviously he isn't really being sold on his breed but French cob is an interesting one as it too would consider that a Normandy cob and he definitely isn't one of them!

Last edited:

Asha

Visit site
If he is as good and safe as he sounds/looks and I was buying for a child, I would certainly consider him worth that sort of money. He looks like a lot of fun.

This^^^ , photos wouldn't bother me. If I was interested, I'd ask for some to be sent across before I viewed. Great age of pony too. Bet this one will end up doing the rounds of the PC homes.

BarbieButtons

New User
Visit site
For the record this pony is worth his weight in gold. He is called a French cob because that is what was on his passport when the current owners got him when he was 2! He is a much loved pony who has taken a young girl from beginner level to jumping the the pony club teams and competing at county shows. You would be amazed at the amount of people who are put off horses because they are cobs! So yes I think the title is very appropriate !!

FfionWinnie

Visit site
The advert is off putting and if the pony is still for sale yet as described, then that would be proof positive the ad is wrong as decent ponies are like gold dust.

I firmly believe the right photos and videos can easily add a grand on to the value of a pony, and the wrong ones will stop people even bothering to view.

All my horses are cobs, I love cobs, would I view yours based on the ad and photos, no chance.

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
The pony sounds lovely. I don't really see a problem with the pics. One thing that annoys me on here is the amount of criticism ads and other things get on here - I think it's inappropriate posting nasty things about ads on a public forum. That's the only thing that would put me off advertising on H&H, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say (aka post) it.

siennamiller

Visit site
Sorry, I have to disagree, if I was in the market for this type of pony I would be there like a shot. He sounds great. Yes, the pics are not the best quality, but they show him doing his job..

WelshD

Visit site
I suppose back in the day many of us would have known ponies bought off a two line advert in H&H with no photos but I do think people expect more nowadays (rightly or wrongly) I am with FfionWinnie - if the pony is still for sale the advert has not done the job.

There is someone online who buys nice ponies but of the 'dime a dozen' sort, puts a bit of work in to them, grooms them to within an inch of their life, trims them up and presents them in pictures looking immaculate and at a good flattering angle with a backdrop of greenery or posh fencing and sells them on very easily for good money. They know the difference that pictures can make!

BarbieButtons

New User
Visit site
Look we personally own Mickey and to us - regardless of what you all say, he's amazing, he's safe, fun and loved by everyone here. You French cob experts can keep your views to yourself, he was brought over from France and we also had his brother, brother grew a lot bigger, mikey stayed small. I do not need to prove to you nor anyone else any details of our pony as quite frankly Im not bothered what you think. While on the topic of my ad - it's not a professional one and neither am I trying to make it one- the photos are just showing him doing what he does best- making his rider happy and exceeding what she ever thought she would be able to do- and that to me is all the proof I would need if I was purchasing a pony for my child. If you want to judge my pony by the photos, feel free to do so- it would be your loss, if he's still with us in another 10 years it's my gain and another family's loss.. Not heard of the old saying "never judge a book by its cover" ... And as for "teenage" advert- If your at any of the shows I am with my lovely string of horses... Please feel free to come over and have a chat about my computer skills! Many thanks... Any problems please feel free to visit my website www.annabelles-equestrian.com .. Have a great weekend keyboard worriers! :) p.s jemima is now jumping fox hunters and will never be sold!

Last edited:

cronkmooar

Visit site
Look we personally own Mickey and to us - regardless of what you all say, he's amazing, he's safe, fun and loved by everyone here. You French cob experts can keep your views to yourself, he was brought over from France and we also had his brother, brother grew a lot bigger, mikey stayed small. I do not need to prove to you nor anyone else any details of our pony as quite frankly Im not bothered what you think. While on the topic of my ad - it's not a professional one and neither am I trying to make it one- the photos are just showing him doing what he does best- making his rider happy and exceeding what she ever thought she would be able to do- and that to me is all the proof I would need if I was purchasing a pony for my child. If you want to judge my pony by the photos, feel free to do so- it would be your loss, if he's still with us in another 10 years it's my gain and another family's loss.. Not heard of the old saying "never judge a book by its cover" ... And as for "teenage" advert- If your at any of the shows I am with my lovely string of horses... Please feel free to come over and have a chat about my computer skills! Many thanks... Any problems please feel free to visit my website www.annabelles-equestrian.com .. Have a great weekend keyboard worriers! :) p.s jemima is now jumping fox hunters and will never be sold!

Have to say, this little rant would stop me from going to look at the pony, no matter how good it is!

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
He is called a French cob because that is what was on his passport

For me the french cob thing is a non-issue. It's the wording of the ad (the 'cob snob' bit) that puts me off, even if I was specifically looking for a cob I would skip that ad because of it. Plus the photos really don't flatter him and in an ad you want to attract people and show the pony at his best (plus a nice confo shot). There are other great cobs out there after all.

sarcasm_queen

Visit site

Was actually considering ringing up and coming to see him, he sounds like a super boy. After seeing your rant, I definitely won't be. Shame.

Apercrumbie

Visit site
I don't have a problem with the pictures - they show a fun pony doing its job. A couple of better quality conformation shots would be nice but as it's a pony, I would be less concerned. I hope you find a lovely home for him.

siennamiller

Visit site
Why would the 'rant' put you off, she's just defending herself/the pony as anyone on here would do. If a bunch of people ripped your ad apart you'd be pretty narked off too!

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Why would the 'rant' put you off, she's just defending herself/the pony as anyone on here would do. If a bunch of people ripped your ad apart you'd be pretty narked off too!

^^ This. I think what BB said was absolutely fine! I'd be a lot more defensive than she had, had people said what has been said about an ad I'd written. BarbieButtons, your pony Mickey looks lovely, I hope you find him a great home. Ignore the criticism on here! :)

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think the 'french cob experts' are just a bit baffled by the description (as it is important horses are advertised correctly) and the associated cob snob points for a pony that doesn't look like a cob so it is difficult to see the sellers point/hence the crit! He looks like a great fun pony who am sure will make someone else a good friend without being a cob :p.

Fun Times

Visit site

Quite. I think the owner has come across very reasonably and calm given the circumstances.

cronkmooar

Visit site

For me personally, I just could not be bothered dealing with someone with that kind of attitude.

This thread had been dead for a while, and the pony still not sold. I personally think it was a mistake to have the rant about the pony and then to include your equestrian business details in the rant.

I would not use the posters equestrian services either

ETA The same attitude was displayed in the original advert. I think that if the pony is everything that it is claimed to be it should have been sold very quickly, but the advert will have put people off even telephoning, let alone viewing.

Last edited:

SpringArising

Visit site
Bloody hell. What is this, the H&H FBI?

I actually feel sorry for the owners after all this. I'm still dubious about the 'French Cob' part, but really? If you like the pony, call, if you don't, then don't.

Noodles_3

Visit site

Totally with you! People are bonkers, critise the advert and try make the pony sound nothing then when the poor owner defends her pony she gets knocked for it! I am sorry but some of you are pathetic and really need to stop being so picky. The world would be so boring if we were all so perfect! Jesus.