Cobs n Plods

cptrayes

Visit site
Good. Honest, ruff'n'reddy low end of the market dealers. I know lots of their horses which hunt with me and they were completely honest about the problems one of them had when they sold it to a very competent teenager.

La Fiaba

hosteldog.blogspot.com
My friend bought a horse from them unseen a couple of years ago, she was a great horse and reasonably priced if you don't have the time or inclination to go scouring the country for the elusive 'bargain'! Unfortunately my friend didn't get on with her, but it was no fault of the horse just that my friend is a lot more 'novicey' than she previously thought and also she decided that 16h was too big for her in the end. I rode it for her while she was selling it and if I'd had the money I would have bought her in a second, she was ace :)

Oberon

Visit site
Friend part exed for a lovely mare. I was snotty about the idea of a dealer but she was really happy with them and the mare is a dream.
Have the horse fully vetted BEFORE taking it off the yard. They don't always have them long enough to know if they have any problems. My friend made this mistake and although they DID refund, it was awkward and took some time.

Clippy

Visit site
The main thing with these people is that IF you're not happy with a purchase (as can happen with anyone for any number of reasons) then they will put things right without you getting further out of pocket or ending up in a mess.

They're not like some dealers who rent stables then disappear leaving a load of unhappy customers. They are very established and well known locally

fishy

Visit site
We bought a little coloured cob from them in June. He turned out to be a little bit greener than we had hoped for but Liz and Tom were helpful and offered advice and we have persevered with him. He is turning into a fab little fella and my daughter loves him. She is having lessons and they are having fun and learning together. I would attach a pic, but I'm not sure how to do it :eek:

Oberon

Visit site
We bought a little coloured cob from them in June. He turned out to be a little bit greener than we had hoped for but Liz and Tom were helpful and offered advice and we have persevered with him. He is turning into a fab little fella and my daughter loves him. She is having lessons and they are having fun and learning together. I would attach a pic, but I'm not sure how to do it :eek:

Photobucket account
click on 'direct link' from the photo
type in;

indie999

Visit site
After meeting lots of dishonest they sound like a nice place if you go with your eyes wide open. just from reading this they sound like they will try to make it all go well for them and for the buyer. Its not worth their reputation if they are good. Us horsey people soon pick up the not so good ones, its not like most of us are buying a horse every day.

Good luck let us know if you go to see any horses(as I have been looking too, but sort of gave up lately).

NewSeeker

Visit site
All I can say is be careful, listen carefully to what they say, don't let them bluff you as they do bend the truth if they want to make a sale. I know from personal experience of Cobs n Plods. In my opinion they were more interested in making a sale than finding the most suitable horse for the client. They also get a lot of their horses from auctions (like Beeston!).

Spangie

Visit site
I got my cob from genuinehorsescobs.com and he is amazing. I'm not sure what your budget is, but for me, I couldn't have spent better money. he'll jump 90cm with me and do a decent dressage test, yet plod around a hack with my 65 year old mother in law. perfect!

PonyIAmNotFood

Visit site
This is the one in the north west right? Liz grundy? I've only ever heard good about them, used to hack past there and see horses being schooled and always looked very good and professional. If i was looking id go there.