Coccyx pain

Scheherezade

Visit site
Hi all. I had a lesson yesterday after a years break from riding, and I had only been hacking out a couple of months then after a two year break. I had a baby 6 months ago. I have never had pain in my coccyx before, but I started getting sharp pains whilst riding, and now it hurts if I sit down on it. Should I go to the GP? Do you think it could be related to childbirth? I Had an epidural so wouldn't know if I damaged it, but it's never hurt before. Has anyone experienced this after a break from riding?

Iownayetti

Visit site
I had two c-sections both with epidural and my lower back has caused me pain ever since. I do think the two are connected

Fransurrey

Visit site
I have coccyx pain but haven't had children. It's quite mobile too and pops into different positions all the time. I do find a hip saver helps when riding. I can't deal with a cantle now. I would get it seen to, but treatment seems to be rest related which isn't possible with horses! I think mine is caused by nerve damage from face planting the school last year and doing a scorpion impression, so can well believe an epidural or difficult birth would cause it.

Louby

Visit site
Ive not had children either so dont know how or why its connected but I damaged my Coccyx twice over the years by falling off. Its agony, I couldnt sit down, then when I did manage to sit I couldnt get back up! The first time I went to the docs and was told there is an operation to remove it as its basically our tail and we dont need it and to sit on a rubber ring until it improves. The second time I gave it time to get better, had to have a week off work as I couldnt have sat in one place for any length of time and then struggled for a few more weeks until it improved. Ouch, I feel for you.