Coconut oil....

{97702}

Visit site
Someone suggested I rubbed it into Ace’s skin, which is horribly dry and flaky after he has come out of kennels...

Well the other dogs think he is edible now, and he cast off most of his horrible dry dead coat in one go all over the back lawn as I rubbed the oil in! I’m not entirely convinced I’ll be repeating that one 😂

{97702}

Visit site
Hmmmm - wouldn’t classify Ace like that I don’t think 🙄 my whole house will smell of coconut this evening I can tell 😂

Thanks I’ll try feeding it 😊

Mrs. Jingle

Visit site
Oh my goodness - a couple of years back on reading positive reviews on the internet (damn the internet!) I tried this on my SI horse's very crusty and sore looking hogged mane, it did Jack shite to help her, but the donkeys spent several days trying to eat her! :eek: fortunately we now have a regime in place that works for her without making her a highly tempting edible treat for my donkeys!

Goldenstar

Visit site
Someone suggested I rubbed it into Ace’s skin, which is horribly dry and flaky after he has come out of kennels...

Well the other dogs think he is edible now, and he cast off most of his horrible dry dead coat in one go all over the back lawn as I rubbed the oil in! I’m not entirely convinced I’ll be repeating that one 😂

Better not try it on a Labrador then the mess would be epic

Starzaan

Visit site
Proving my obsession for skincare here (yes I am a skincare nerd) - the molecules held in coconut oil are too big to be absorbed by the skin. Rather than being absorbed it will sit on the surface and block pores. It’s fantastic to eat, but rubbish as a moisturiser.

GreyMane

Visit site
Re Aloe Vera; if you can't find a plant, Holland & Barrett sell 100/200ml tubes of pure aloe vera gel (own brand) which are not expensive. I always keep some.
Most other AV products tend to be more expensive and/or contain only a small amount of AV