Cold Weather = Naughty Ponies!!

Feival

Visit site
Winnie has morphed into 'Hurricane Hilda' since the cold snap began, How are everbody else's horses/ponies getting on?

AppyLover

Visit site
Mines gone abit nuts and abit grumpy (Mix of teeth/Boredum & he seems to think he's hungry which he physically can't be lol) at the moment and the thought of bringing him out (Across a water logged field where i have no traction) for a possible farrier visit (I have no idea if he's actually turning up) on Friday does not fill me with joy :/

AmberThePony

Visit site
My donkeys have learnt how to fly strangely, which is slightly difficult when it comes to walking them, and the little 21 year old sec a suddenly wants to constantly canter when lunging despite being known as lazy. They all have too much energy!

samleigh

Visit site
Yep all ours have turned naughty too :-( I was first to bring in yesterday 3pm, they were half way up the field, with 2 bums stuck out the hedge, they had trashed the 2 lines of electric fencing which blocks up a previous horse made gap in the 10ft hedge and were like excited kids, all on their toes, blowing and skittish, one of the boys was naked, his rug could be seen, with stuffing blowing in the wind trashed, dropped it outside his stable, collected new poles & tape and set too replacing it all ! Put me an hour behind with jobs & even filthier than normal :-/

Moomin1

Visit site
Yep mine was concentrating on everything other than me and my instructor yesterday in my lesson. She's also been a madam to lead to the field.

godfreyy

Visit site
My usually slug like WB has disappeared and been replaced by a loon! He seems to be calming down a bit though now that it's been cold for a few days. Think it was just the initial shock as he had been clipped just as the cold snap was starting!