Coligone liquid

Nari

Visit site
Can you tell me about it please? I'll probably give them a ring on Monday but I'd love to hear anyone's experiences first.

Jim is already on Equine America's U-Gard Plus & I won't take him off this as I know it helps him. Earlier this year he had colic surgery for a gassy colic that caused a displacement, while there he was scoped & found to have ulcers that were treated with GastroGuard. He's now better than he's been for years, physically & mentally.

However a couple of times lately he's come in gassy again. I can try to limit his grazing time, but then after a couple of days I can't catch him & he goes from a couple of hours to a full day which is, IMO, even worse than getting a few extra hours every day. I do have some Equi Spaz from the vet that I can use if I feel he needs it http://www.saratogaproduct.com/Equi-Spaz_p_38.html.

Would Coligone liquid be helpful with the gassyness? Would I need to feed it every day or is it effective on an as & when basis? Is it safe to feed alongside the U-Gard (ingredients http://www.equine-america.co.uk/docs/151A-UK%20051308%204_5x6.pdf ) as I'm not stopping this.

Please don't recommend the powder, I tried it a few years ago & he really will not touch it!

Daffers

Visit site
I keep a supply of coligone liquid for my mare who tends to get colic if not eaten for a period of time (she is never without hay as has access to large round bale 24/7). I cant recommend it highly enough. If you speak to H's mum on here she can tell you all about it. Sorry H's mum hope you dont mind!!
blush.gif

Nari

Visit site
Don't worry about it, I'm far more interested in your opinions & experiences than your typing skills! I hope you had a good day.

Box_Of_Frogs

Visit site
It's brilliant stuff. My veteran had a gassy colic attack a couple of springs ago and he had an injection of buscopan and was immediately started on Coligone for 3 days. On H's_mum advice, he now has it for 3 or 4 days every time anything stressy happens eg changing fields, vet etc. There are at least 3 TBs on my yard who have all improved in condition and temperament after being put on a maintenance dose of Coligone. For the maintenance, they are on the powder which is minty. The liquid is faster acting and is strongly aniseed. I don't chance Sunny getting picky about eating a feed with the liquid in so I syringe it down his throat, much to his disgust - I get 5 mins of flehmen afterwards. Good luck x

maybedaisy

Visit site
I used the powder when my horse was on box rest. She got very stressed, lost weight and went off her food. I was worried that she would develop ulcers so I bought the Coligone and and it worked. She got her appetite back and the weight went back on.