Collected Trot - Help

smallgirl

Visit site
Can someone find me a video of some collected trot please as I have read all the theory on it but just can't visualise it. I have tried Google and You Tube with little success.

I understand it is a more energetic trot, more upright in frame but not losing energy or stride size.

I have my first ever Elem next weekend (44) and only realised the trot was colelcted last night. We are only doing it for experience but want to go in knowing what we're doing.

Any help is appreciated.

Tempi

Visit site
Do you have a trainer? i personally would get your trainer to help you and your horse with it.

But you are right in saying that it is a trot that is more 'together' but keeping the same impulsion and rhythm throughout. The hindleg must stay active and the horse must stay light and off the forehand.

So many people think collected trot means slower, it dosent!

You seem to have the right idea tho
smile.gif

DressageChick

Visit site
Dont worry too much at Ele you only only have to show enough collection to be able to carry out the movement with ease which for E44 is not much. If you focus on trying to show a collected trot you will probably get marked down for it lacking energy.

smallgirl

Visit site
Excellent, i was hoping P_G would answer! I have a lesson tomorrow with my trainer but what normally happens is we end up chatting for most of it and so if I know what I am trying to do she can kind of tidy the edges up and not have to teach me from the beginning of the concept, i hope that makes sense!

Another thing is now we can do rising trot in Elementary is it better to sit to collected trot? i have always been taught to do so but just wondered what you all do?

Thanks DC too, I had thought that also, better to keep the energy and it be more working trot then?

Taboo1968

Visit site
Hey join the club! I am also doing my first elementary tests!!! 44 & 52, which looks absolutely awful.....
We've mastered the walk to canter, the simple change, the collected trot etc but i've lost the button for medium trot!! aaarrrggghhhh!
Oh well, its all experience! and i've only had the horse a week today so getting through the test will be a bonus!
Good luck to everyone else attempting elementary this weekend!

not_with_it

Visit site
Think about the horse being more 'up and together'. The hind leg step should shorten but the rythym shound stay the same. Pull your stomach up and imagine being on a trampoline.