Collecting semen using a live mare , in St Austel Cornwall

lindajones

Visit site
HELP I am desperately trying to find a vet ,stud man ,stud technician or other that can collect from a stallion who is used to doing this using a live mare . ( He wont jump a dummy .) In the St Austell area Cornwall . Have tried some vets but they dont seem to do this down there ! Does anyone know of someone who will do this ? Thanks

AndyPandy

Visit site
HELP I am desperately trying to find a vet ,stud man ,stud technician or other that can collect from a stallion who is used to doing this using a live mare . ( He wont jump a dummy .) In the St Austell area Cornwall . Have tried some vets but they dont seem to do this down there ! Does anyone know of someone who will do this ? Thanks

He won't jump a dummy? I bet we could get him on the dummy, or ground collecting.

In the meantime, it looks like I may be down in Cornwall again this weekend at some point. Otherwise try Mel Hannah at Trenerth, or James Lukas - haven't used James, but I know he does work in that area.

Good luck

lindajones

Visit site
Thanks . Where do i find Mel Hannah or James Lukas ? My problem is that i live in Shropshire and my mares are with me and my stallion is out on loan in Cornwall . My vet collects off him here but i dont know anyone in Cornwall apart from the people that he is on loan to and they say collection off him cant be done and i know it can as we have done it many times before !!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
I can highly recommend Any Pandy him having collected from a live mare for us twice last week. The hardest part is having a mare in season at the right time, but you get to see the quality of the semen on the day etc, and the cost was fair.