Collegiate Comfitec training bridle

flat3

Visit site
I've just bought one, my horse and I both like it. The sizing comes up very small, he's 15.2 with a dainty TB head and he only has a hole or two spare on the cob size.

Starzaan

Visit site
Full disclosure, I used to work for Weatherbeeta, as an account manager selling products to retailers. I was there when the ComFiTec bridles were launched and we sold them into stores, so I suppose you could say I’m slightly biased, although I was never very good at selling any products that I didn’t believe in or love myself.

I LOVE mine. The difference in my horse is staggering. If you don’t have a problem you want to fix then it won’t make a huge noticeable difference, but they are certainly effective for those with issues. They do come up small so definitely size up, but they’re lovely leather for the price, and they last well.

Dustygirl

Visit site
I’ve had mine a couple of months and both me and my mare love it. She’s much more relaxed in it. Got it while it was on sale too so great value. She’s a 15.2 Irish sports horse who is normally between a cob & full. The full fits her perfectly.

Bernster

Visit site
Just got one! Have only tried it on a hack and not in the school which will be the proper test. It does come up smaller than most but that’s better as mine is usually on the top hole of the full size ones. In this one he’s about mid way.

I like the style of the noseband. Leather is nice and soft and i like the padding. Will update once I’ve schooled in it.

TheHairyOne

Visit site
Mine arrived tuesday after I tried on a friends as a test ride. Really like it and got it in the sale so bought a different bling browband. Does come up small which is great for me as a cob sized anything is normally too small and a full a little big (in places) and this fits with holes to spare!

Scarlett

Visit site
Lovely quality, really really lovely quality. Feels like it should cost double.

I got one for a big TB who hates anything touching the sides of his face above the bit so has to be in a grackle. Gave this a go after seeing it in a tack shop and he goes well in it. No massive change but definitely a comfortable horse.

I'd absolutely buy another. A nice bit of kit.

BunnyandRuby

Visit site
Hi, I really like the look of these… mainly for the head piece. Never used a flash before, do you think the way the strap comes under the bit could cause problems if that’s the case, also, reading upon needing to upsize, I currently have a full bridle with cob sized cheek pieces, does anyone know if I can buy separate cheek pieces if necessary ?

Starzaan

Visit site
Hi, I really like the look of these… mainly for the head piece. Never used a flash before, do you think the way the strap comes under the bit could cause problems if that’s the case, also, reading upon needing to upsize, I currently have a full bridle with cob sized cheek pieces, does anyone know if I can buy separate cheek pieces if necessary ?

hello, I used to be an account manager for Weatherbeeta so I used to sell these to retailers.
The noseband is not a flash. Flash nosebands are designed to keep the mouth shut (and in my opinion are awful bits of kit!), whereas this is loose and designed to minimise pressure.
You can purchase spare parts from the website, just worth calling the Weatherbeeta customer service line first to make sure that you’ve got the ComFiTec ones, as the standard collegiate ones don’t fit.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
A strap below the bit can help keep the bit more stable in the horse's mouth. Some horses really appreciate it, my old mare did and would fuss in a snaffle without a noseband but was very sweet in a drop noseband. If you can find or borrow a drop noseband to try that will probably tell you if the below the bit aspect the comfitec noseband would be a major issue. Although it isn't quite a drop noseband either obviously.

I'm still wanting one of these bridles but because I have a bridle that works it is low on the list unfortunately!

LegOn

Visit site
Love mine! Massive difference in my horse from using one - especially due to the shape of the headpiece. Also they are really helpful, I was worried I needed a cob noseband on the full size headpiece but I send them some photos of how I was fitting it & they gave me great advice and it fits better than ever now - really love it!

WelshHoarder

Visit site
Absolutely love ours, took the plunge after reading a lot of good reviews, and young Welshie is a lot more settled in her head than before. It’s also the only bridle that has fitted her off the peg, before she was in a mish-mash of cob headpiece, browband and noseband, but pony cheek pieces stolen from a spare old bridle. She does seem to really appreciate the stability of the bit given by it

Jayzee

Visit site
I had one and really liked it, so did the horse! Lovely quality.

The only thing I did find is when I had it on the warmblood the noseband section on top of the nose would sometimes move down, this didn't happen on the TB

smiggy

Visit site
They do come up very small, my fell is in a full and little dainty Welsh face in a cob.
I really like them.
had to buy one for my fell as instructor accidentally used other pony’s bridle ( same bit) and she went so much better in it, tried recreating it with a flash on old bridle but nothing was the same. That was even though it was quite tight on her, hence having to buy another bigger one.

rara007

Visit site
Where as my 15.2 is on small holes on the cob!

I like it but you need to realise it’s not a ‘mouth shutter’ noseband :)

Hormonal Filly

Visit site
Just to bump this up.. what’s the quality like of everyone’s Comfitec bridles?

I bought a Comfitec Bridle last year, it’s the Patent version with crystal browband. It’s been cleaned exactly as they suggest, kept in normal conditions (at home mostly in the hallway) and noticed the leather is already cracking quite badly on the cheek pieces. None of my bridles have ever gone like it before, even ancient ones.

A friend has exact the same bridle that’s a couple of years old, and it looks much better made/leather better quality.

I've emailed Collegiate, as it was bought at a show last year and I don’t have a receipt (stupidly paid cash and said, don’t worry about a receipt!)

Dustygirl

Visit site
I’ve had mine nearly two years and it’s still in great condition. Recently changed the noseband to a normal collegiate grackle as found the noseband was slipping down and I was a little worried it was being restrictive. She’s got sinus issues and I want to make sure nothing is restricting her airflow.

Starzaan

Visit site

I bought a Comfitec Bridle last year, it’s the Patent version with crystal browband. It’s been cleaned exactly as they suggest, kept in normal conditions (at home mostly in the hallway) and noticed the leather is already cracking quite badly on the cheek pieces. None of my bridles have ever gone like it before, even ancient ones.

A friend has exact the same bridle that’s a couple of years old, and it looks much better made/leather better quality.

I've emailed Collegiate, as it was bought at a show last year and I don’t have a receipt (stupidly paid cash and said, don’t worry about a receipt!)
PM I can help ?

Bernster

Visit site
Think I’ve had mine 2 years. I can’t tell if it would be ok as horse has a tendency to chew it if he can get hold of it so the nose band bit is damaged and you can’t get spare parts for it. But the rest is fine!

MarvelVillis

Visit site

I've had mine nearly 2 years now and it's still in good condition with no cracking. Hopefully Collegiate can help :(