Colored tack on white horse?

MustangWoman

Visit site
Hello all,
So I recently purchased a flea-bitten gray Andalusian cross, but she looks all white until you get so close your nose is almost touching her and you can see the brown specks. My gelding is a dapple gray Mustang, and he looks amazing in all black, so he's got allllll black tack; black reins, black wintec saddle, black saddle pad, black SMB's, black breast collar, black head stall... I finally have a mare, and I would love to buy colored tack for her! So my query is, of the members that have or admire white horses, can I see photos of your colorful tack on them? I'm thinking pink because she's a girl, or lime green, or orange... But I don't know what will look good. Maybe another set of all black. Lol Right now she is sporting my old brown leather set up. She actually looks beautiful in it. I'm just so happy to finally have a mare, I want to add some color into our rides!!! :D
Gelding:
image_zpsa09f77a8.jpg

Mare:
image_zps42525c40.jpg

s4sugar

Visit site
For a flea bitten grey stick with brown tack and add colour with a saddle blanket.

Maybe match blanket & bridle or part of the bridle?

Most colours work on greys but avoid silvery shades as they can make the horse look grubby.

Janette

Visit site
For a flea bitten grey stick with brown tack and add colour with a saddle blanket.

Maybe match blanket & bridle or part of the bridle?

Most colours work on greys but avoid silvery shades as they can make the horse look grubby.

Totally agree.
brown tack and colour with saddle cloths, browbands, bandages...

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
The great thing about having a white/grey is that pretty much every colour looks nice on them. I have a few different fly bonnets and saddlecloths in different colours and I can use the colour that I fancy on that day. Several people on here have matching saddlecloths and polo bandages. Search for matchy matchy and see the many colours available. :D

MustangWoman

Visit site
Sorry but hate all coloured tack think it looks tacky, stick to brown or black is my opinion.

I know what you mean, I thought a bright teal would look good on my dapple gray, but it looked... tacky. Now its just collecting dust in the tack room. Black just looks so clean and it is really eye catching!

I am grateful for everyone's advice! I think I will stick with brown and black, and add a little contrast with brow bands and saddle blankets! Maybe I'll add some pink feathers in her hair when going to town. I did get my gelding some really beautiful teal feathers (the kind made for clipping into kids hair) for his mane and tail. I like the look of a solid color with some accents. I just love ow the Indians use to put eagle feathers on their horses, so I figure why not bring that into present day? :)

MustangWoman

Visit site
The great thing about having a white/grey is that pretty much every colour looks nice on them. I have a few different fly bonnets and saddlecloths in different colours and I can use the colour that I fancy on that day. Several people on here have matching saddlecloths and polo bandages. Search for matchy matchy and see the many colours available. :D

The polo bandages do make a beautiful accent color! I ride western, so I always forget about those. Thanks for reminding me!!! I will check those out when I go to the store later. :D

MustangWoman

Visit site
In orange and black

Did you make that nose band? I really like the orange and black! I'd love to learn how to make those, and where to buy the string for it, I bought a bracelet from a fundraiser that looks just like that. I've studied it a bunch trying to figure out how they melted the ends and such. I think I have way too much time on my hands... Hahaha :rolleyes:

clippi

Visit site
Sorry but hate all coloured tack think it looks tacky, stick to brown or black is my opinion.

He's not always a chav horse :lol: (only when endurancing, he has very sensible brown tack for side saddle and black for other activities

Did you make that nose band? I really like the orange and black! I'd love to learn how to make those, and where to buy the string for it, I bought a bracelet from a fundraiser that looks just like that. I've studied it a bunch trying to figure out how they melted the ends and such. I think I have way too much time on my hands... Hahaha :rolleyes:

No my friend makes them, she's on fb, if you pm me I will tell you her business page

Wildforestpony18

Visit site
Foxy in her black bridle
FoxyPS.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg
Purple bridle; must admit, she barely ever wears it, it was mainly bought because you could unclip the bit, which was handy at the time as she had just run 5 miles through the forest with me chasing her as i was tacking her up; so bought that!